Should I return my Acer xz350cu ultrawide? Any Alternatives?

Hey guys, I recently purchased the Acer xz350cu monitor, (35", 2560x1080, ultrawide, 144hz) and noticed that is has relatively bad ghosting occuring. Im still able to play on it fine, but in certain lightings I get black and red trails coming off of objects. 

Are there any settings I could change to try to improve this?

Also, if it cant be improved enough and I try to return it, what are good alternatives to it for gaming? I picked it up from newegg for $500usd, and I would be willing to pay up to $600usd for a new one. Also, a video just went up about the korean panel they reviewed, should I look into that or not risk getting one that could potentially bad?

3 minutes ago, Jt.burton said:

Hey guys, I recently purchased the Acer xz350cu monitor, (35", 2560x1080, ultrawide, 144hz) and noticed that is has relatively bad ghosting occuring. Im still able to play on it fine, but in certain lightings I get black and red trails coming off of objects. 

Are there any settings I could change to try to improve this?

Also, if it cant be improved enough and I try to return it, what are good alternatives to it for gaming? I picked it up from newegg for $500usd, and I would be willing to pay up to $600usd for a new one. Also, a video just went up about the korean panel they reviewed, should I look into that or not risk getting one that could potentially bad?

Yeah I'd return it. You can get for the same price a 3440x1440 ultrawide

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/aoc-34-ips-led-hd-219-ultrawide-monitor-black/1206369.p?skuId=1206369

Or a 144Hz 1440p IPS monitor.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236466

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR