GPu for old pc (if worth)

Hello to everybody,
This is my first thread on the forum, even if I've used it before for really valuables infos despite I wasn't a member, so if I did something wrong just tell me.
So, as stated on the title, I'll want to know if it is worth to put a GPU (if yes, what gpu) on an old pc that I won't use as primary, but in another house where I usually sleep 1/3 days a week where I'll like to game a bit.
I know I won't be able to play triple A modern games, but still it would be nice to play same good old games (haven't played half-life 2 yet) or really light recent games (e.g. Southpark the stick of truth, limbo, ecc).
Here are the specs:
-CPU: Intel Pentium dual-core E6600 3.06GHz w/ stock air cooler (no OC)
-PSU: Power LC420H-12 (max 420W)
-MOBO: Asus P5G41T-M LE
-RAM: 1x Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333MHz C9 4GB

If it's worth and I can have a nice gaming experience I can spend more or less up to 150€ (150$), consider overclocking and everything in the budget (new psu if needed, new cpu if needed, more ram if needed, cpu cooler if needed and of course gpu).

Please tell me more or less what performances I might expect from the upgrades you'll suggest.

Thanks in advance for the help and support!

Or gtx 1050ti. Better performance overall, with room for oc, without having to upgrade power your supply.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

sure slap something like a 8800GTX in that if you can find a cheap one but i would see what else is available for $150, if i had had that a few weeks back i could have gotten an I7 4790K + motherboard and RAM(because of idiot seller) but i was broke as shit but its always worth a look. i would look for maybe an I5 2500(K), 4GB of RAM and motherboard and run intergrated graphics or something like an I5 750 + motherboard and RAM and a light GPU, maybe a used GTX 660

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I wouldn't even spend the money on a new card, I'd get a nice old GTX 670 or maybe a 6850HD. Those were my two favorite budget GPUs I've run in my rig

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 minutes ago, Aelar_Nailo said:

Or gtx 1050ti. Better performance overall, with room for oc, without having to upgrade power your supply.

but that probably goes to waste when paired with that cpu, in any way it's not gonna warrant the price premium.

--

on topic: backing the RX460 here.

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

but that probably goes to waste when paired with that cpu, in any way it's not gonna warrant the price premium.

--

on topic: backing the RX460 here.

Good point..... Didn't consider the actual performance gain. Thx!

Wow guys, thanks for all the answers!! 

So if I go with an rx 460 and a little overclock on cpu and gpu, what performances I might expect? Would my psu be fine? (check the specs pls) 

If you make sure that you get an rx 460 model that is powered only from the slot, not from a pcie connector as well, you should be good with that power supply.

Performance? Different every title. In general, ~60fps at medium settings, at 1080p. This would be in new games like Battlefront, or titanfall, if I measure my guess correctly. Also, if you need any help, comment here and I will try to help you out, as I am usually on once or twice a day.

now running a Zotac gtx 1050ti OC with a Q9400 core2quad so im going to back team green on this, you shouldnt have any problems from what im experiencing and if so grab a core2quad used for ....well i dont know money conversions but cheap! also luck you with that ram, i bought a dual set of that for my system and it wont work with my ASRock mobo so its just chilling..somewhere, not really sure where i put it now

10 hours ago, Aelar_Nailo said:

If you make sure that you get an rx 460 model that is powered only from the slot, not from a pcie connector as well, you should be good with that power supply.

Performance? Different every title. In general, ~60fps at medium settings, at 1080p. This would be in new games like Battlefront, or titanfall, if I measure my guess correctly. Also, if you need any help, comment here and I will try to help you out, as I am usually on once or twice a day.

Will I be fine with my PSU? 180W on the +12V

9 hours ago, jonnylaw13 said:

now running a Zotac gtx 1050ti OC with a Q9400 core2quad so im going to back team green on this, you shouldnt have any problems from what im experiencing and if so grab a core2quad used for ....well i dont know money conversions but cheap! also luck you with that ram, i bought a dual set of that for my system and it wont work with my ASRock mobo so its just chilling..somewhere, not really sure where i put it now

The ram is working fine right now. I could get a Q9400 for 35€(€=$US more or less), but I have the stock intel air cooler now

1 hour ago, leyo96 said:

Will I be fine with my PSU? 180W on the +12V

The ram is working fine right now. I could get a Q9400 for 35€(€=$US more or less), but I have the stock intel air cooler now

With my ram set to 1333 oc , mine won't key me oc the CPU without issues, if yours does the same you should be okay with the stock cooler though I'm using a cooler master TX3

You are fine... Have fun building it!