Wouldn't it be cool to have a section of the forum for old computers?

JoeCoke

I really love older computers but have no where specific to discuss them. I know that technically you can just post under the regular sections, but for instance, you make a post asking a question about a 3DFX Voodoo card, it'll just get buried by today's stuff, like the millionth thread asking about 480 vs 1060. I also know that not many will agree because a lot of people don't understand why anyone would like obsolete tech. I just love this forum so much, and I refuse to join another just for dealing with old stuff, that would be stupid.

What are your thoughts on this?

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

I dont think theres enough of a following for old hardware, outside of peripherals (think ibm KBs and OG akg cans.) outside of the nostolgia factor theyre not very useful/relevant.

anyway, if you want to talk about it find like a r/vintagetech or something like that.

- snip-

4 hours ago, Mug said:

i'd just put it in General discussion tbh

It'll easily get buried because people who actually care about old stuff are a small minority.

3 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

I dont think theres enough of a following for old hardware, outside of peripherals (think ibm KBs and OG akg cans.) outside of the nostolgia factor theyre not very useful/relevant.

anyway, if you want to talk about it find like a r/vintagetech or something like that.

Fair nuff'. :(

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer