I changed motherboards

ProLogic

I changed motherboards in a computer of mine, I need to know how to get a new product key for windows 10, as it's complaining about not being activated.

To be honest i just want the key so that i can install it on another computer of mine, then install windows 7 on the PC i changed the motherboard out.

IT DID NOT have anniversary edition on it.

7 minutes ago, ProLogic said:

I changed motherboards in a computer of mine, I need to know how to get a new product key for windows 10, as it's complaining about not being activated.

To be honest i just want the key so that i can install it on another computer of mine, then install windows 7 on the PC i changed the motherboard out.

IT DID NOT have anniversary edition on it.

Since the key is stored on the old motherboard you'll need to reinstall it and use a key finder program to find it (there are tons of them so just google it).

4 minutes ago, ProLogic said:

It was OEM Prebuilt

You're out of luck with a OEM version, only retail versions can be transferred to a different PC.

Just now, imreloadin said:

Since the key is stored on the old motherboard you'll need to reinstall it and use a key finder program to find it (there are tons of them so just google it).

The old mobo is dead

10 minutes ago, ProLogic said:

The old mobo is dead

if the mobo is dead you can call MS and explain it

it's not guaranteed, but they might give you a new key

if you would've done it at a service center, the chances would've been much much greater

14 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Ok, then you'll have to contact microsoft over the phone and explain to them that you had to replace the motherboard due to a component failure and they should be able to help you out.

This worked for me when I replaced my motherboard.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402