Ugh, help...

AceTaker
Go to solution Solved by DunePilot,
1 hour ago, AceTaker said:

Specs :  Dell Motho, and Case, along with no-name PSU.

Case, and PSU are the DELL oem as well? Is the motherboard a standard ATX layout?

Ask your parents or your Aunt if there is anything you can do to earn another $200 over the next couple of months like completely clean out the garage and spray it for spiders, split wood, help sort, box up, and itemize old unwanted clothing and such to take to a consignment shop so it can be sold and written off on taxes.

If you do that then you could buy a $100 motherboard and an i5 in a few months.

Edit: rake the yard and sack up the leaves, clean up the underbrush around the trees and bushes, etc.... if you want money you can find a way to get it. If the dad and aunt don't want to help maybe a neighbor will... especially the elderly that have a little money, they probably want it done but don't want to do it themselves.

My parents just screwed me over with originally saying I'm getting 200$, to I'm getting at least 100$.... any solution? I was hoping to upgrade essentially my whole system, but now they have been crushed. I'm still supposed to be getting a graphics card from my aunt, which the most she would get me is a RX 470. I honestly am frustrated at my parents for screwing this up, they don't know how hard I've been researching, and trying to get things to work.. I usually play Skyrim Special Edition. I'm not buying used unless it from a good seller on Amazon, and I'm not using my current crappy dell motherboard...

Edit : Specs : AMD Athlon II X4 630, R7 250, 8GB DDR3, Dell Motho, and Case, along with no-name PSU.

Step one: get a job

Step two: profit.

What do you currently have?

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

Just now, SLAYR said:

Step one: get a job

Step two: profit.

What do you currently have?

I'm 14. My usual job is 20$ every two weeks at my Mom's, but that's a summer job, and I'm too lazy for winter...

6 minutes ago, AceTaker said:

My parents just screwed me over with originally saying I'm getting 200$, to I'm getting at least 100$.... any solution? I was hoping to upgrade essentially my whole system, but now they have been crushed. I'm still supposed to be getting a graphics card from my aunt, which the most she would get me is a RX 470. I honestly am frustrated at my parents for screwing this up, they don't know how hard I've been researching, and trying to get things to work.. I usually play Skyrim Special Edition. I'm not buying used unless it from a good seller on Amazon, and I'm not using my current crappy dell motherboard...

Edit : Specs : AMD Athlon II X4 630, R7 250, 8GB DDR3, Dell Motho, and Case, along with no-name PSU.

See you don't really need a put a bunch of money into a computer to have an enjoyable gaming computer.

1) You can get an Athlon X4 860K or 880K for $70-$80, and it will be a good upgrade for your CPU. Then the RX 470 will give you a fine gaming experience

2) You're acting like all the research you put into it will all be wasted. But now you know a thing or two about computers, which opens the chance of building a computer for an acquaintance, doing troubleshooting for a bit of profit, etc.

So I think you can turn this twist into a good situation, if you're smart :)

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, AceTaker said:

I'm 14. My usual job is 20$ every two weeks at my Mom's, but that's a summer job, and I'm too lazy for winter...

For $100 try looking for a lga 1155 cpu/motherboard like an i5 2400/2500, and a h61 board.

Not sure what amazon would offer for them its used sellers are quite terrible especially with pricing, if you are going to go used look at ebay, just look at sellers with 100+ items sold. Paypal is good at handling any disputes and sides with the buyer a majority of times when there is issues.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

Just now, Energycore said:

See you don't really need a put a bunch of money into a computer to have an enjoyable gaming computer.

1) You can get an Athlon X4 860K or 880K for $70-$80, and it will be a good upgrade for your CPU. Then the RX 470 will give you a fine gaming experience

2) You're acting like all the research you put into it will all be wasted. But now you know a thing or two about computers, which opens the chance of building a computer for an acquaintance, doing troubleshooting for a bit of profit, etc.

So I think you can turn this twist into a good situation, if you're smart :)

It's AM3, not FM2+..... I should be getting 60$ from my Mom (both parents divorced and remarried) Maybe 20$ more.. ;-;

1 minute ago, SLAYR said:

For $100 try looking for a lga 1155 cpu/motherboard like an i5 2400/2500, and a h61 board.

Not sure what amazon would offer for them its used sellers are quite terrible especially with pricing, if you are going to go used look at ebay, just look at sellers with 100+ items sold. Paypal is good at handling any disputes and sides with the buyer a majority of times when there is issues.

I've never really tried nor trusted ebay... :/

Just now, AceTaker said:

It's AM3, not FM2+..... I should be getting 60$ from my Mom (both parents divorced and remarried) Maybe 20$ more.. ;-;

Ah I see. You can pick up a Phenom II X4 or X6 used for that motherboard for a bit of an upgrade.

Just now, AceTaker said:

I've never really tried nor trusted ebay... :/

There are other options, like sites that let you pick up an item for sale in person.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, AceTaker said:

My parents just screwed me over

my parents for screwing this up

they don't know how hard I've been researching, and trying to get things to work

I'm too lazy for winter...

You know how fucking rediculious you sound right? You're acting like you're entitled to all this money, and you're parents are ONLY giving you $100, so they're just the worst people in the world, yet you explicitly said you're too lazy to work.

Grow up buddy. You're not entitled to money from your parents, and you should be damn happy with $100, and if you want something, stop talking about how hard it is to research, and how much effort you've put in when really you've put in no effort at all. Go work for your mom, go put on a coat and shovel driveways, clean cars, deliver papers. Do what you need to do and stop bitching and moaning about how bad your christmas present is.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Just now, Energycore said:

Ah I see. You can pick up a Phenom II X4 or X6 used for that motherboard for a bit of an upgrade.

There are other options, like sites that let you pick up an item for sale in person.

My Desktop is a Dell OEM that I upgraded to Athlon II X4, added 8GB, and a R7 250 that I only had to pay 30$ for... 

Just now, AceTaker said:

My Desktop is a Dell OEM that I upgraded to Athlon II X4, added 8GB, and a R7 250 that I only had to pay 30$ for... 

Is that bad?

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Statik said:

You know how fucking rediculious you sound right? You're acting like you're entitled to all this money, and you're parents are ONLY giving you $100, so they're just the worst people in the world, yet you explicitly said you're too lazy to work.

Grow up buddy. You're not entitled to money from your parents, and you should be damn happy with $100, and if you want something, stop talking about how hard it is to research, and how much effort you've put in when really you've put in no effort at all. Go work for your mom, go put on a coat and shovel driveways, clean cars, deliver papers. Do what you need to do and stop bitching and moaning about how bad your christmas present is.

Ridiculous? I worked harder then anyone at my school during the summer, and no one does anything of the such during the winter at my school. It's just the generation. I'm willing work, just most people are secluded where I live.

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Is that bad?

I mean, the deal for my graphics card was certainly good since it's new, but the processor is aged, and certainly bottleneck a 1050ti, and especially a RX 470.

If the beginning of this topic seemed rude, it's because I wrote it literally after I got done with talking to my parents. I'm a little less angry now.. OK?

5 minutes ago, AceTaker said:

My computer is basically that.  It was a prebuilt from microcenter 4 years ago and now its actually a pretty ballin PC.  Just keep upgrading little things when you can and you will get there.

As for upgrades have you thought about an SSD possibly?

Also for the EBay thing, i have built a few computers with EBay parts and its actually quite reliable.  And if the part is broken or the wrong one the seller is going to help fix it 99% of the time.

2 minutes ago, AceTaker said:

I mean, the deal for my graphics card was certainly good since it's new, but the processor is aged, and certainly bottleneck a 1050ti, and especially a RX 470.

I will repeat myself: A Phenom II X4 980 or X6 1090T will be a good enough upgrade for your computer that will not bottleneck an RX 470

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Just now, AceTaker said:

Ridiculous? I worked harder then anyone at my school during the summer, and no one does anything of the such during the winter at my school. It's just the generation. I'm willing work, just most people are secluded where I live.

You worked harder than every boy and girl at school? You must be one tough trooper.

No one does anything during the winter? Well that must be some prime time to make money since everyone else is too lazy to do it. If you want something, work for it. Stop making excuses like "well no one else does it, so why should I".

And don't say for a damned minute it's the generation. I'm only 5 years older than you, we're practically the game generation, and that shit ain't no excuse. If you want something, work for it. Don't make excuses saying no one else works for it, and it's "just the generation" so your parents should hand you everything. Because that's not how life works. 

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Just now, itsmyjobtoknow said:

Wait wait wait, HOW THE HELL DID YOUR PARENTS SCREW UP?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Your parents didn't have to give you anything, be happy you are at least getting 100.

giphy.gif

Gaming Build:

Peripherals:

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

I will repeat myself: A Phenom II X4 980 or X6 1090T will be a good enough upgrade for your computer that will not bottleneck an RX 470

My motherboard doesn't support up above 95w, or 6 cores.

2 minutes ago, itsmyjobtoknow said:

Wait wait wait, HOW THE HELL DID YOUR PARENTS SCREW UP?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Your parents didn't have to give you anything, be happy you are at least getting 100.

..... I'll just shutup about that comment.... :/ I already said in a previous post, that I'm more calm now, jeeze.

As a person who went to public school on weekdays, private tutoring school on weekends, private school in the summer for a good chunk of my life, I got jackshit for it. 

Mind you the private tutoring wasn't because I lack behind, it was to accelerate me further ahead than the rest of the people in my class. First day I walked into that room and I was already two years behind on the material the other students knew.

4 minutes ago, Statik said:

You worked harder than every boy and girl at school? You must be one tough trooper.

No one does anything during the winter? Well that must be some prime time to make money since everyone else is too lazy to do it. If you want something, work for it. Stop making excuses like "well no one else does it, so why should I".

And don't say for a damned minute it's the generation. I'm only 5 years older than you, we're practically the game generation, and that shit ain't no excuse. If you want something, work for it. Don't make excuses saying no one else works for it, and it's "just the generation" so your parents should hand you everything. Because that's not how life works. 

OK. Maybe I was exaggerating a little bit, but you have to understand the situation.

3 minutes ago, AceTaker said:

..... I'll just shutup about that comment.... :/ I already said in a previous post, that I'm more calm now, jeeze.

Yah lets all just calm down.  This isnt a forum to start roasting people, plus non of us really know each other. So lets all quit slinging the blame around and whoes fault it is and yada yada yada.

We have $100 + an RX470 to upgrade this computer so lets start coming up withy more solutions

1 minute ago, AceTaker said:

OK. Maybe I was exaggerating a little bit, but you have to understand the situation.

Well help me understand the situation? Please. What could I possibly be missing?

Gaming Build:

Peripherals:

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro