Serious cooling for amd fx-8300 at 4.2ghz +

Fractal design define r5 3x be quiet pure wings 2 140mm 7volt (tomorrow im gonna hook them up to my nzxt zentry 2 fan controller, since my mb with my old 4 pin fans couldn't get lower than 650 rpm= not being able to run them at any of the rated rpm that was down to 200-300 and up to 1200rpm,at 5 volt my new be quiet 3pin fans are quiet,atm i use the case fan controller rated at 5,7 and 12 volt) 

Asus pro 970 gaming/aura, a fx 8300 at 4.2ghz and a Noctua Nh-d15 standard rpm (ai suite 3) is with high voltage idle 1.368-1.380 and load 1.332 volt (140-150watt) around 500 rpm and is quiet and load (prime 95 small fft) is around 900-100 rpm not loud but noticeable,but it's only at max load so i won't reach that speed,noise under 100%, unless it's summer

My limited is 4.2ghz, not because of my cpu or mb, but because of temps

Because i want to run at 4.3,4,4 or 4.5ghz (felt 4.2ghz made a difference compared to 4.1ghz in games) i would like to have some surgestions for a serious cooling for my fx 8300,i do run it with no power saving enabled so it's power all the time on all cores

I can afford to buy a corsair h100 but the stock fans are to loud and it would cost me atleast 40€ morefor better more quiet fans (live in denmark) and that is over my limited

I would like to have the top closed and either use a 240mm in the front (don't use the bottom drive cage) and use one of the 2 be quiet fans at the bottom if theres space for the fan, depending on the thickness of the fan and radiator

Last options i might consider as the best option is a 140mm aio, could be something from Alphacool or mabye Swiftech (or what you surgest), with 1 or 2 fans inside of my case, 2 fans of course in push pull configuration like the alphacool eisbear 120 and use the rear exhaust fan in the bottom  closest to the lower front fan as a exhaust fan (no space under my gpu since i have a long evga supernova 1000p2 psu)

What would you surgest med to look at?

my limited is 120€ (the price of a corsair h100 in denmark) and im NOT look for something that sounds like a hair dryer on speed

Lookin at the prob, that you already have a noctua Nh-d15 which outperforms basically all AIO- Liquid coolers i can only say. either you have to stick with 4.2Ghz or let your cpu get a bit hotter (75 degrees are just fine). The only other option is a custom water cooling, but your budget is too small for this, and the improvements aren´t that magical either. Maybe sell your amd stuff and get a new skylake i5?

1 minute ago, lh99 said:

Lookin at the prob, that you already have a noctua Nh-d15 which outperforms basically all AIO- Liquid coolers i can only say. either you have to stick with 4.2Ghz or let your cpu get a bit hotter (75 degrees are just fine). The only other option is a custom water cooling, but your budget is too small for this, and the improvements aren´t that magical either. Maybe sell your amd stuff and get a new skylake i5?

ye, 120 euros wont even buy the pump and block and res, still need fittings, tubing, radiator and high SP fans

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

24 minutes ago, lh99 said:

It's an amd cpu it's not rated above 61 c and at 75 it defenetely throttles and burn up as if it would enter the earths atmosphere

1 minute ago, gasolin said:

It's an amd cpu it's not rated above 61 c and at 75 it defenetely throttles and burn up as if it would enter the earths atmosphere

Ever tried out? xD

33 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

ye, 120 euros wont even buy the pump and block and res, still need fittings, tubing, radiator and high SP fans

something llike a MAGICOOL DIY LIQUID COOLING SYSTEM 120,  ALPHACOOL EISBAER 120 is with in range or someting like a Cooler Master Seidon 120V V2 with 1 or 2 low noise high performance fans for almost the same price as the cooler (50€), would prefer 140mm but theres isn't so many 120,240 and 280mm seems more popular than 140mm

5 minutes ago, lh99 said:

Ever tried out? xD

Ever tried eating a habanero chili?

You don't need to eat one to know it's hot and gonna hurt when it's comming out of the other end LOL

15 hours ago, gasolin said:

something llike a MAGICOOL DIY LIQUID COOLING SYSTEM 120,  ALPHACOOL EISBAER 120 is with in range or someting like a Cooler Master Seidon 120V V2 with 1 or 2 low noise high performance fans for almost the same price as the cooler (50€), would prefer 140mm but theres isn't so many 120,240 and 280mm seems more popular than 140mm

no1 - that aint custom

no2 - they will perform no better than your current cooler

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

The visehera cpu cooler should be good enought for a stock fx 8350/8370 

http://media.memoryexpress.com/Assets/Products/MX61207/amd_cpu_wraith_cooler_1.jpg

And as i remember some of the fx cpu's use to come with a aio 120 or 140 mm cpu cooler

I just don't know why my limited with the noctua nh-d15 is limited at 4.2ghz, since many other cpu coolers can handle the fx 8core cpu's at 1.4volt and above 4.2ghz okay they maight work in a non silent case but still........

I am running a 8320e at 4.7ghz on a h55 push / pull setup. It's so ungodly loud.. Sometimes I think about lowering the OC so the noise level would decrease.

4 minutes ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

I am running a 8320e at 4.7ghz on a h55 push / pull setup. It's so ungodly loud.. Sometimes I think about lowering the OC so the noise level would decrease.

Shouldn't be that noisy corsair H55 Althoght 4.7ghz must be close or over 200 watt

19 minutes ago, gasolin said:

Shouldn't be that noisy corsair H55 Althoght 4.7ghz must be close or over 200 watt

Runs warm so I have the fans pretty much maxed. I also have a Sentry control unit so I turn the fans down when I am surfing the web. The issue becomes when I forget to turn the fans up when I game. I am getting a DH-15 for X-mas. Hoping that brings the noise down.

Im pretty shure the max noise will be lower.

My setup a fx 8300 at 4.0ghz just about 1.30625-1.3200 volt , llc high cpu power phase control optimized, asus 970 pro gaming/aura 3x 140mm 1000rpm be quiet pure wings 2 and a noctua nh-d15, the case is the fractal define r5

Core temps adjusted to ai suite 3 temps, offset 20 + (don't know what the right temps are just that i try not to go over 61c) and it's silent with silent or standard settings of the fans in ai suite 3 (only fan expert 2),cpu fans at max 1075rpm and case fans at max 600rpm at 4.1ghz, i can't get it to more than 4.0ghz unless i run all my fans  at max at 4.2 ghz in prime 95 small fft

I wouldn't like to run  it at 4.4ghz or 4.5ghz than it would get much hotter when usage is 100% especially in the summer