Virus removal

I got home, and randomly I saw a couple of new applications (YouTube AdBlocker, SafeWeb, ect). My brother must have downloaded a virus, because my browser doesn't open Google, it opens Tutrux. I knew this was 'n virus and I fired up Windows Defender, it's still scanning and it detected malware. Do you guys think I'm doing it right when I scan with Windows Defender, then avast and then Anti-bytes malware? I uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled it, and it opens Google now atleast.

keep scanning with the tools you noted. I use comodo cleaning essentials.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Just now, vorticalbox said:

keep scanning with the tools you noted. I use comodo cleaning essentials.

Thank you for the reply.

update firefox and flash, or remove flash and just update firefox. That one messes with your DNS settings so pay attention to that too.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

update firefox and flash, or remove flash and just update firefox. That one messes with your DNS settings so pay attention to that too.

Thank you, I'll look into that.

It sounds like it has set itself as the home page. Try this program: https://www.techsupportall.com/adware-removal-tool/ . I find it usually works. Once it has (hopefully) successfully removed the virus, reset your browser/s to make sure it is gone indefinitely. Try this. If it doesnt work post back here

Like if you liked it. Share it if you thought it was great. Leave a reply if you emotions are a bit more complicated   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

22 minutes ago, Factory OC said:

I got home, and randomly I saw a couple of new applications (YouTube AdBlocker, SafeWeb, ect). My brother must have downloaded a virus, because my browser doesn't open Google, it opens Tutrux. I knew this was 'n virus and I fired up Windows Defender, it's still scanning and it detected malware. Do you guys think I'm doing it right when I scan with Windows Defender, then avast and then Anti-bytes malware? I uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled it, and it opens Google now atleast.

I'd recommend installing Windows again. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

3 minutes ago, InitializingDev said:

It sounds like it has set itself as the home page. Try this program: https://www.techsupportall.com/adware-removal-tool/ . I find it usually works. Once it has (hopefully) successfully removed the virus, reset your browser/s to make sure it is gone indefinitely. Try this. If it doesnt work post back here

Yes, it did set itself as the homepage, thats why I uninstalled and refreshed Firefox. Firefox works like normal now. Thanks for the help.

1 minute ago, Abdul201588 said:

I wanted to do a fresh install, but I have some important files. I have a second harddrive, the problem is, this is my laptop, so I can't install a second harddrive and copy those files over. Thanks for the suggestion.

28 minutes ago, Factory OC said:

You are doing everything right. Sometimes viruses create .bat files that redirect you to different websites when you open a browser. 

1 minute ago, BloodyWaters said:

You are doing everything right. Sometimes viruses create .bat files that redirect you to different websites when you open a browser. 

Thank you, I had my doubts for a second when I started.

2 minutes ago, BloodyWaters said:

I have noticed a couple of random .bat files (MyApp, WebSafe), I have removed those. Thank you again for that.

11 minutes ago, Factory OC said:

I wanted to do a fresh install, but I have some important files. I have a second harddrive, the problem is, this is my laptop, so I can't install a second harddrive and copy those files over. Thanks for the suggestion.

Do you have an external drive? If you do, copy all the files onto there. And also for extra security, don't let your brother install programs. Create and account for him and make it where he can't download and install programs. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

4 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

Do you have an external drive? If you do, copy all the files onto there. And also for extra security, don't let your brother install programs. Create and account for him and make it where he can't download and install programs. 

I'll look around for a flashdrive (I had a 64GB here somewhere, that's all the important files I need.) I'm already a step forward with the account one, but thanks for the suggestion. 

10 minutes ago, Factory OC said:

I have noticed a couple of random .bat files (MyApp, WebSafe), I have removed those. Thank you again for that.

I unfortunately had the same problem a while ago, and when I was looking at a shortcut, I noticed it pointed to a .bat file. Further investigation showed that the file was created by a virus. And the virus was downloaded by my brother when he came over. What a coincidence. 

Try using malwarebytes anti-malware as well as CC cleaner to help remove things

Also hit man pro 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

46 minutes ago, BloodyWaters said:

I unfortunately had the same problem a while ago, and when I was looking at a shortcut, I noticed it pointed to a .bat file. Further investigation showed that the file was created by a virus. And the virus was downloaded by my brother when he came over. What a coincidence. 

What a coincidence, I actually got this laptop from my parents, that also had adware. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 64-Bit.

31 minutes ago, Fooshi said:

Sounds like a typical browser hijacker / opencandy adware. Usually not a virus, just annoying.

https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/

Run adwcleaner, reboot, then run Malwarebytes.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/

As an extra precaution, empty temp files (Windows key > type Disk cleanup > run) and probably a smart idea to empty your downloads folder aswell.

This is what it looks to me like as well, thanks you for the suggestion to clean my temp files, and downloads.

2 minutes ago, mikeeginger said:

Try using malwarebytes anti-malware as well as CC cleaner to help remove things

Also hit man pro 

I wanted to use Cc cleaner for temp files, also going to use that anti-malware software, thank you.

2 hours ago, Abdul201588 said:

such a poor recommendation for something as trivial as a virial removal. 

10 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

Whatever

2 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

Whatever

Destroying an operating system for something that software and ~few hours of your time can fix. 

3 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

2 hours ago, Abdul201588 said:

Whatever

2 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

Destroying an operating system for something that software and ~few hours of your time can fix. 

I went with the long virus scans. At some limit, a virus would be too hard to remove. He gave a recommendation, as I thought of the same thing earlier. I did although remove the virus from the pc, and I didn't need to do a clean install. I would thank everyone for giving me all the suggestions. You all helped me through a troubling time. Moderators may lock this thread.