Hey, I have a MSI gtx 1070 armor OC card! memory running low

ivanraeder
Go to solution Solved by MrTiC,
6 minutes ago, ivanraeder said:

I have red on many forums thet the ansver i got from MrTic was right, MSI afterburner is showing halv the clock speed

Indeed 

Its either 2x or 4x depending on the program 

In msi afterburner it will say 4000 mhz (8000 effective)

In GPU-Z it will say 2000 mhz (8000 effective)

My 760 shows 3400 (6800 effective)

The memory speed of the GTX 1070 are suppost to run at over 8000MHz, but it only runs at 4252 MHz when +250 MHz oc.

Please help!

GTX 1070 meory issue.PNG

Thats normal ... it actually runs at 8504

Let's agree to disagree

it ramps up depends what you do if you are gaming it should reach over advertised speed  

1 minute ago, MrTiC said:

Thats normal ... it actually runs at 8504

Thanks! I just mounted a waterblock on it, so I was scared I had to do all that stuff again.

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

it ramps up depends what you do if you are gaming it should reach over advertised speed  

Too me it does not, it constantly showing 4252 MHz

Just now, ivanraeder said:

plz check your drivers also Nvidia has really bad driver support recently and if all fails call support and hear that have to say.

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

plz check your drivers also Nvidia has really bad driver support recently and if all fails call support and hear that have to say.

I have the latest driver

1 minute ago, ivanraeder said:

I have the latest driver

restart your computer and wait for the next driver update. if all els fails call support. it happened to me few update ago, it got fixed by restarting the computer. 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

restart your computer and wait for the next driver update. if all els fails call support. it happened to me few update ago, it got fixed by restarting the computer. 

I have red on many forums thet the ansver i got from MrTic was right, MSI afterburner is showing halv the clock speed

9 minutes ago, ivanraeder said:

it displays half the actual speed. simply a bug.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Indeed 

Its either 2x or 4x depending on the program 

In msi afterburner it will say 4000 mhz (8000 effective)

In GPU-Z it will say 2000 mhz (8000 effective)

My 760 shows 3400 (6800 effective)

Let's agree to disagree

Let's take my GTX 1070 for example. My memory clock with overclock in software that followed with GPU purchase is 9308MHz, or 2327 in GPU-Z, or 4654 in MSI Afterburner. You get the point:)

Main:  1650 v2   @ 4,6GHz   -   X79 Deluxe                -   GTX 1080 @ 2000MHz   -   24GB DDR3 @ 2400MHz / CL10

Side:   i7-4790K @ 4,5GHz   -   Maximus 7 Hero        -   GTX 1070 @ 2114MHz    -  16GB DDR3 @ 2666MHz / CL12

HWBOT

Just now, Tech Wizard said:

Let's take my GTX 1070 for example. My memory clock with overclock in software that followed with GPU purchase is 9308MHz, or 2327 in GPU-Z, or 4654 in MSI Afterburner. Hope you get the point 

I do, Thanks!

Simply because the memory used is GDDR, Double Data Rate. 

DDR stands for Double Data Rate. Memories from this category transfer two data chunks per clock cycle. Translation: They achieve double the performance of memories without this feature running at the same clock rate (namely SDRAM memories, which are not available for PCs anymore).

Because of this feature, these memories are labeled with double the real maximum clock rate they can operate. For example, DDR2-800 memories work at 400 MHz, DDR2-1066 and DDR3-1066 memories work at 533 MHz, DDR3-1333 memories work at 666.6 MHz, and so on.

Read more at http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-ddr-ddr2-and-ddr3-memories/#7GCULktI0OMMEJc0.99

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Here is a picture of my new watercooler loop!

What do you think?

PS.... Its not blue light, Its UV

The paper in the bottom totally kills it though, yuck! :P

Main:  1650 v2   @ 4,6GHz   -   X79 Deluxe                -   GTX 1080 @ 2000MHz   -   24GB DDR3 @ 2400MHz / CL10

Side:   i7-4790K @ 4,5GHz   -   Maximus 7 Hero        -   GTX 1070 @ 2114MHz    -  16GB DDR3 @ 2666MHz / CL12

HWBOT

1 minute ago, ivanraeder said:

better?

Mother of temps! So jelly :P

HWBOT

1 minute ago, Tech Wizard said:

Mother of temps! So jelly :P

haha, I was very impressed by the temp myself! They are really good ;)xD