Mixing RAM latency

Hi, I have bought a new Dell Inspiron 7559 with SK Hynix 8 GB DDR3L ram and I have another G. Skills ripjaws 4 GB DDR3L RAM with me. The problem is the both RAM work at different CAS Latency but on similar clock speed & voltage. Will it work as intended and cause no issue and is it a good option to mix both of them or should I just buy a new RAM?

mixing ram is not really a good idea since it can cause compadibility issues 

get new

1 minute ago, KeFy said:

mixing ram is not really a good idea since it can cause compadibility issues 

what type of compatibility issues? Will it damage the system in any kind?

Just try it, it's not like the PC will blow, if it fails to boot first clear CMOS JIC it needs to load timing profiles, then if it doesn't boot remove that stick

#Done

This is a signature.

Just now, Yash Ballani said:

what type of compatibility issues? Will it damage the system in any kind?

i don´t think it will damage it but you will have issues with power if you have a motherboard that can´t deliver the right power becouse the sticks probably don´t require the same amout of power and yeah. more/less power is never a good idea

4 minutes ago, 79 Potatoes said:

Just try it, it's not like the PC will blow, if it fails to boot first clear CMOS JIC it needs to load timing profiles, then if it doesn't boot remove that stick

#Done

I will definitely try once.

2 minutes ago, KeFy said:

i don´t think it will damage it but you will have issues with power if you have a motherboard that can´t deliver the right power becouse the sticks probably don´t require the same amout of power and yeah. more/less power is never a good idea

But the operating voltage is the same 1.35v should the issue still persist?

Power wont be a problem. The ram will take what it needs based on the voltage. Even if they were different spec, going over a bit doesn't hurt other than maybe in power consumption.

Timings are also unlikely to be a problem. The system should set the lowest common working set between them. For piece of mind you can run something like memtest to make sure there are no obvious errors.

Ideally you would match the new stick to the old as that would enable dual channel mode, which isn't possible with mismatched capacity sticks.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

7 minutes ago, porina said:

Power wont be a problem. The ram will take what it needs based on the voltage. Even if they were different spec, going over a bit doesn't hurt other than maybe in power consumption.

Timings are also unlikely to be a problem. The system should set the lowest common working set between them. For piece of mind you can run something like memtest to make sure there are no obvious errors.

Ideally you would match the new stick to the old as that would enable dual channel mode, which isn't possible with mismatched capacity sticks.

will definitely try and post the result.

26 minutes ago, porina said:

Mixed mode, not perfect but still give some extra performance

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005657.html#flex

This is a signature.

2 hours ago, 79 Potatoes said:

Mixed mode, not perfect but still give some extra performance

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005657.html#flex

I've heard of that but it isn't mentioned commonly. I'm not sure where it is supported or not.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible