This Monitor Good for Mid to High End Games

AlphaGamer46
Go to solution Solved by DexterSmythe,
10 hours ago, AlphaGamer46 said:

Hi.

I'm going to upgrade to dual, if not triple monitors in the new year. I've been doing some research, and the cheapest one I found that was local, but that didn't skimp out anywhere was this one.

http://www.msy.com.au/saonline/peripherals/17010-viewsonic-24-vx2457-mhd-1ms-1920x1080-free-sync-hdmi-dp-d-sub-spk-gaming-monitor.html

Firstly. I've got an Nvidia GeForce GTX 960. This monitor is FreeSync. Will it work?

Secondly. Is Viewsonic a reputable brand?

Lastly. Is the monitor good for playing games like GTA:V, Overwatch, other high-end games and much less intensive games?

I might pick up a 27" variant of the exact same monitor, but it is exactly the same, just with a bigger screen.

All opinions are appreciated!

PS: This is in Australian Dollars (AU$).

If you are planning to game on all three monitors I would upgrade to at least a 1060 or more idealy a 1070 but if you are gaming on just one 960 should be alright.

Hi.

I'm going to upgrade to dual, if not triple monitors in the new year. I've been doing some research, and the cheapest one I found that was local, but that didn't skimp out anywhere was this one.

http://www.msy.com.au/saonline/peripherals/17010-viewsonic-24-vx2457-mhd-1ms-1920x1080-free-sync-hdmi-dp-d-sub-spk-gaming-monitor.html

Firstly. I've got an Nvidia GeForce GTX 960. This monitor is FreeSync. Will it work?

Lastly. Is the monitor good for playing games like GTA:V, Overwatch, other high-end games and much less intensive games?

I might pick up a 27" variant of the exact same monitor, but it is exactly the same, just with a bigger screen.

2017 Gaming PC

Excellent value machine, keeps me going.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Motherboard: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

PSU: Casecom 600W PSU | Case: Corsair Graphite 230T | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | HDD: 3TB WD Blue

Dell XPS 15 9560

Beautiful laptop, in a stunning form factor.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ | GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (not mobile, full GPU) | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | SSD: 512GB SK Hynix SSD

Display: 4K IPS 100% Adobe RGB Touch Panel | I/O: Two USB 3.0 with PowerShare, HDMI, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, SD Card Slot, and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C

Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB | Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32GB

Viewsonic are alright.. you will not be able to use FreeSync. Kogan has a 144hz monitor for $259, imo much better. 

idk

I'm not sure how that 960 will be able to handle playing games at 5760x1080. That's 3/4 of 4k. Your going to have to turn down settings to be able to play games like GTA5.

I'd say spend your money on something like a GTX 1070 first, since a 960 will not be enough for surround 1080p. then get monitors like the ASUS VC239H with thin bezels for surround Gaming.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

35 minutes ago, AlphaGamer46 said:

Freesync are for AMD cards only so no

36 minutes ago, AlphaGamer46 said:

I'm going to upgrade to dual, if not triple monitors in the new year.

36 minutes ago, AlphaGamer46 said:

As many pointed out, you can't do triple setup with poor 960. I got my old 760 (which is only a bit slower than yours) and can barely get 30fps on max settings on some high end games with single 1080p monitor

37 minutes ago, AlphaGamer46 said:

Yes ViewSonic are good

2 hours ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

-SNIP-

2 hours ago, SCGazelle said:

-SNIP-

1 hour ago, Trav_X said:

-SNIP-

1 hour ago, deXxterlab97 said:

-SNIP-

Okay, so I don't intend on gaming on all three, just one single one at a time.

If I did decide to want to game on triple, would an RX 480 8G cut it with the monitor, to be able to use the FreeSync, and game on all three if I decided to do so? It's just that I can't justify the purchase of a 1070 because they cost much more than the RX 480.

2017 Gaming PC

Excellent value machine, keeps me going.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Motherboard: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

PSU: Casecom 600W PSU | Case: Corsair Graphite 230T | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | HDD: 3TB WD Blue

Dell XPS 15 9560

Beautiful laptop, in a stunning form factor.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ | GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (not mobile, full GPU) | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | SSD: 512GB SK Hynix SSD

Display: 4K IPS 100% Adobe RGB Touch Panel | I/O: Two USB 3.0 with PowerShare, HDMI, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, SD Card Slot, and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C

Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB | Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32GB

10 hours ago, AlphaGamer46 said:

Hi.

If you are planning to game on all three monitors I would upgrade to at least a 1060 or more idealy a 1070 but if you are gaming on just one 960 should be alright.