Portable PC for 3D Animation, Adobe, and SFX.

Hey good people of the LTT forum. Been a while and I have a question. I am an animation student looking for a portable animation/light render machine. I know how stupid it may sound but I need something that I can take with me to work, school, etc and to still be able to work on my animations or Adobe stuff specifically 3D animation. The current setup I have is a desktop with a gtx 770 4GB, 16GB of ram, and a i7 4790k in it. That desktop is fine for the work I do for now and is essentially my render/gaming machine so I am looking for a laptop that can run my projects in their respective software and not chug along if I may have multiple pieces of software open. The software I use is 3DS Max, Blender, Poser, Maya, Photoshop, After Effects, Premier, Animate, Dreamweaver, Indesign and Illustrator. Out of those programs listed I think the Autodesk and Adobe programs are the biggest resource hogs. I tried looking around but don't trust myself when it comes to laptops or a random "top 10 laptops for animators list" and was hoping people that require a similar machine or know more about beefier laptops could enlighten me. Price isn't really an issue I just need to know what i'm working with. Any suggestions would be helpful!

Any of the beefy gaming laptops with desktop hardware in them would do the job, but if you need something lighter you might wanna look into a workstation laptop like the ones Dell and Hp makes. You really need something with a GPU or dGPU,  preferrably an Nvidia one because of CUDA acceleration. The Dell XPS 15 would be great if you don't need to do heavy video or 3d rendering.

2 minutes ago, CaptainFox77 said:

- SNIP -

There are plenty of laptops that have desktop i7-6700K CPUs and desktop GTX 1080 GPUs. That combined with 32GB DDR4 RAM should be plenty of power for anything.

How are Macbooks for this particular thing? I'm neutral when it comes to Apple stuff and my professor uses Apple all of the time and prefers them but I wasn't sure as far as Rendering 3D and multitasking heavy software like that if a Macbook would be any better or if I'm just shooting myself in the foot in terms of performance/compatibility and added price.

1 hour ago, CaptainFox77 said:

How are Macbooks for this particular thing? I'm neutral when it comes to Apple stuff and my professor uses Apple all of the time and prefers them but I wasn't sure as far as Rendering 3D and multitasking heavy software like that if a Macbook would be any better or if I'm just shooting myself in the foot in terms of performance/compatibility and added price.

Macbook is only about estetics and PRICE. Hardware is same as in every other laptop. I will go with dell or hp with good cpu and gpu (dedicated gpu ofc). Now the only thing that u have to concider is the price. Workstation laptops are usually expensive (new) but u can find good deals on 2-3 years old models.

IF U SEE MISTAKES IN MY POSTS - JUST TELL ME. I RLY WANT TO BECOME BETTER IN ENGLISH! 

Thank you for understanding! Have a nice day!

X99 buid: (under construction) [OWN] / [DON'T OWN]
CPU:I7 5820k GPU:ASUS GTX 660 2GB [Goal is GTX980ti] RAM:G.Skill Ripjavs4 16Gb (4x4 [Goal is 32Gb]) MOBO:Gigabyte x99 Gaming 5p Case:FD Define XL (rev.1)

990FX build: (sold)
CPU:AMD FX 6300 GPU:ASUS GTX 660 2GB RAM:Corsair Vengence 8GB (2x4Gb) MOBO:ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Case:Zalman Z3 PLUS

Peripherials:
Keyboard:Razer Arctosa Mouse:Razer Naga 2012 Headset:Logitech G35 Headphones:Sennheiser HD 558 Earphones:Razer Hammerhead Mic:Novox NC-1 Monitor:Syncmaster TA350