Suggestions: Which Smartwatch?

So I have decided that I want to get a smartwatch but am having trouble finding the right one. I have an LG V10. I have been looking at the Samsung S2 / S3 as well as the TomTom Spark3. Here are my requirements.

1) Must play music (Bluetooth headset) without another device - ie. smartphone or mp3 player.

2) Must be water resistant (I sweat a lot and would like to swim with it)

3) Would prefer to have GPS function to track running distance.

4) My budget is dependent on the quality to price ratio.

So after reading this, would any of you have a better suggestion than the Samsung or TomTom watches listed above? If so...why?

Thank you for your time in advance!

In my experience the cheap GPS watches don't work well.

I've owned GPS running watches since they first came out.

It may serve your purpose fine, but I could never get the to work well enough for me.

Besides, having to charge your daily watch every night can be a bit annoying. I highly doubt a watch that's that small, with that big of a screen, AND GPS/Bluetooth has a very long battery life. 

Do you run with music playing? If so, what do you use? An Mp3 device or your phone? My phone is a brick and I hate resorting to an armband to carry it while I run. May resort to a small player of some sort. I used to have a Sansa Clip but it broke, felt flimsy, and didn't have Bluetooth.

9 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

In my experience the cheap GPS watches don't work well.

I've owned GPS running watches since they first came out.

It may serve your purpose fine, but I could never get the to work well enough for me.

Besides, having to charge your daily watch every night can be a bit annoying. I highly doubt a watch that's that small, with that big of a screen, AND GPS/Bluetooth has a very long battery life. 

Do you run with music playing? If so, what do you use? An Mp3 device or your phone? My phone is a brick and I hate resorting to an armband to carry it while I run. May resort to a small player of some sort. I used to have a Sansa Clip but it broke, felt flimsy, and didn't have Bluetooth.

Just now, DunknDognuts said:

I don't listen to music when I run. I like to hear when a car is about to hit me. ;) 

When I do need portable music though, I have an ipod shuffle. The clip is awesome... No bluetooth IIRC. 

Gear S3 Frontier handsdown. It can make voicecalls, it has many useful sensors of altitude, GPS, LTE, etc and the speed of Tizen OS is really fantastic and almost on par with what Apple delivers on theyr latest Apple Watch 2, which is still the best smartwatch for swimming nonetheless (but ofc, your using Android, altough the Gear S3 should be working with the Iphone). It is pretty much the complete experience of a smartwatch, with premium design and features that definetly sets it on a league of its own.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gear_s3-review-1525.php

Groomlake Authority

18 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Gear S3 Frontier handsdown. It can make voicecalls, it has many useful sensors of altitude, GPS, LTE, etc and the speed of Tizen OS is really fantastic and almost on par with what Apple delivers on theyr latest Apple Watch 2, which is still the best smartwatch for swimming nonetheless (but ofc, your using Android, altough the Gear S3 should be working with the Iphone). It is pretty much the complete experience of a smartwatch, with premium design and features that definetly sets it on a league of its own.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gear_s3-review-1525.php

Thanks for the info. I'll be taking it into consideration.