Geronimo!

chris

Finally decided to give water cooling a proper shot. Currently I have an H100i which has served me well, but why go with something that's hard to mod, and doesn't cool enough of your rig?

My rig:

CPU: 3770k (4.5GHz atm, will aim for 5GHz)

GPUs: MSI GTX 670 PE (180/700 overclock, could get more) SLI

MB: Maximus V Formula

case: Corsair 500r (willing to mod it)

post-252-0-96802400-1383060827_thumb.png

as you can see my paint skills are amazing.

It shouldn't be too hard to put a 360mm radiator in the top, but the 240mm in the front might be a bit of a squeeze. (I don't need the hard drive cages)

the 120mm radiator at the top should be easy, and if there's not enough space for a fan I can put the fan on the outside. Planning on using 6x NF-F12s for the whole project.

the top 360mm radiator needs to be thinner than 29mm, the 120mm radiator could be as thick as a H80. Should have about the same thickness constraints in the front as the top.

Pump: The one Linus always recommends MCP655

Reservoir: I have no idea, please recommend one

What do you guys think, and are there any tips or recommendations you can give me?

Get a reservior you like the look off.

So you just want a simple tube? or one for your 5.25 bays?

The t-virus is rather eye catching and cool, you even put it at the top next to your 5.25 bays if you have a window so you can see it in all its glory!+

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Get a reservior you like the look off.

So you just want a simple tube? or one for your 5.25 bays?

The t-virus is rather eye catching and cool, you even put it at the top next to your 5.25 bays if you have a window so you can see it in all its glory!+

Don't think I would be able to see it through the window on the 500r

P41NT 5K1LLZ

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Drop the 120mm, it'll just get in the way of the 360mm. Depending on how many drives you have, take out the drive cages, use 2 UN Z-2 brackets to hold a pump/res combo. Also for lulz, strip the heat spreaders on you memory and use EK's monarch series waterblocks to watercool your memory. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

It shouldn't be too hard to put a 360mm radiator in the top, but the 240mm in the front might be a bit of a squeeze. (I don't need the hard drive cages)

the 120mm radiator at the top should be easy, and if there's not enough space for a fan I can put the fan on the outside. Planning on using 6x NF-F12s for the whole project.

the top 360mm radiator needs to be thinner than 29mm, the 120mm radiator could be as thick as a H80. Should have about the same thickness constraints in the front as the top.

Pump: The one Linus always recommends MCP655

Reservoir: I have no idea, please recommend one

What do you guys think, and are there any tips or recommendations you can give me?

• You can get 27-30mm radiators. (They tend to be the cheapest in the category. Aim for higher FPI rads if you want to them to perform better at higher fan speeds.)
  • Get a Laing D5 Vario pump. A MCP655 is nothing special. It's a D5 with a Swiftech sticker on it. All D5s are the same (apart from extra features suchs as RPM wires). Just get the cheapest one you can.
  • Any res you like is fine. I would go with a Pump res combo to have a "cleaner" loop. What type of resevoir do you want? Bay or Tube res?

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Finally decided to give water cooling a proper shot. Currently I have an H100i which has served me well, but why go with something that's hard to mod, and doesn't cool enough of your rig?

My rig:

CPU: 3770k (4.5GHz atm, will aim for 5GHz)

GPUs: MSI GTX 670 PE (180/700 overclock, could get more) SLI

MB: Maximus V Formula

case: Corsair 500r (willing to mod it)

tip: your GPU will not have a water block available. either sell your cards and purchase

reference cards with available blocks, use universal water blocks (ewww) or leave them

air cooled.

the 120 rear radiator is not necessary. makes for three more leak points.

use 2x 240 and use a single GPU solution.

your 360 idea is awesome, but the most forward fan mount will have to be severely

modified to the chassis and roof panel to allow air-flow.

and use @Ghost suggested pump option.

tip: your GPU will not have a water block available. either sell your cards and purchase

reference cards with available blocks, use universal water blocks (ewww) or leave them

air cooled.

the 120 rear radiator is not necessary. makes for three more leak points.

use 2x 240 and use a single GPU solution.

your 360 idea is awesome, but the most forward fan mount will have to be severely

modified to the chassis and roof panel to allow air-flow.

and use @Ghost suggested pump option.

http://www.liquidextasy.de/index.php/gpu-kuehler/nvidia/narrow-line-geforce-670-gtx-msi-pe-oc-detail

found one!

@Ghost, thanks for the advice, would prefer a bay res

Upon consideration, I think I had better drop the 120mm radiator

Drop the 120mm, it'll just get in the way of the 360mm. Depending on how many drives you have, take out the drive cages, use 2 UN Z-2 brackets to hold a pump/res combo. Also for lulz, strip the heat spreaders on you memory and use EK's monarch series waterblocks to watercool your memory. 

as much as I would love to watercool my memory, I would prefer to leave it in a state that I can pull it out and upgrade from 4x4 to 4x8 in the future, or get some 2400MHz sticks

yeah, how much is it ($120 each plus shipping)? and i've had their MPower MOSFET

kit.. was a leaking nightmare. be careful on specialized single manufacturer items,

may be only game in town and sometimes not worth watching.

yeah, how much is it ($120 each plus shipping)? and i've had their MPower MOSFET

kit.. was a leaking nightmare. be careful on specialized single manufacturer items,

I don't want to sell my cards, but if the waterblocks fail me then I might. Gonna give them a chance.

I don't want to sell my cards, but if the waterblocks fail me then I might. Gonna give them a chance.

super good-luck on that venture..

super good-luck on that venture..

a couple of things you'll find when doing customizing, if you decide on selling your GPU(s)

and blocks, you won't be able to get as much for it unless the buyer is wanting that exact

same item(s) so you'll prolly lose your butt in cash on resale, RMA will be a total disaster

in time and money spent and used. so again, be careful in your selections.

Would prefer a bay res

Do you want a pump/res combo?

From what I've heard from B NEGATIVE Liquid Extasy make good waterblocks. Never tried them myself though.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Do you want a pump/res combo?

Probably, as these seem a lot easier to deal with than having them separate. Also easier as it would be one point of failure fewer