Best Model 780

Khanzi

Right now on amazon and newegg the cheapest 780 is the Galaxy HOF Edition. It's also the fastest clocked and best looking card. Which model 780 is the best? Price/Performance 

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.0Ghz GPU: EVGA 660 SC - Awaiting Gigabyte 770 HOF MOBO: Asus p8z77-V Pro PSU: Corsair CX600 - Awaiting Corsair RM850 Storage: 750GB Seagate SSHD + 500GB HDD - Awaiting 250GB Samsung 840 EVO RAM:  16GB ( 4x4GB ) Crucial BallistiX Sports - Awaiting Crucial BallistiX Tracer 16GB Kit Case: NZXT Phantom - Awaiting Undecided Upgrade CPU Cooler: NZXT Havik 140

Galaxy HOF is great, also EVGA ACX, MSI TF IV Gaming, Gigabyte Windforce 3X, Asus DCu II and Inno3D iChill. But the best are EVGA Classified, HydroCopper Classified, MSI Lightning and Inno3D iChill Accelero Hybrid.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

MSI Lightning

you can use LN2 with it :P  

I'm the Forum Owl

*Who*

My friend seems to like his DirectCU II 780. He has that thing overclocked like crazy.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

The Gigabyte Windforce 780 is also pretty good - not sure how it is where you live, but it's one of the cheapest 780s in the UK

Edit: Also, be sure to check out EVGA's ACX 780s. They're nice as well.

Check out my video work at youtube.com/SuperUserTech

Acer Aspire 5750G - i5-2410m | 8GB 1333Mhz RAM | 500GB 5400RPM HDD | Nvidia GT540m

2xBenQ EW2440L | Sennheiser HD600 | Corsair Vengeance K65 | Corsair Vengeance M65 | Panasonic Lumix G7 | Panasonic 20mm F1.7

I'd get the Galaxy GeForce GTX 780 HOF which is very inexpensive, comes with the highest clocks out of the box, and a very efficient cooler. I'm tempted to get myself one as I post about it.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans

EVGA Classified

5820K - ASUS X99-A - 16GB Corsair LPX - HD 7970 GHz - Qnix 1440p @ 96Hz - Waiting for Polaris/Pascal

Evga Classified is the best card for the 780 series, normally its a battle between the Classified and Lightning.

Cant go wrong with either.

I believe the Lightning is cheaper currently.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

If you ever plan on putting a water block on it go with EVGA or ASUS. 

Corsair 250d - - Delidded i7 4770k @ 4.4GHz (1.15v) - - Asus Maximus VI Impact - - Corsair h100i  

Asus DirectCU II OC GTX780 - - NZXT x41 & G10 w/ Push/Pull Noctua IndustrialPPC's - - Corsair ax760i 

16GB Corsair Vengeance 2133Mhz  - - Samsung 840 pro (boot) - - Samsung Evo (gaming) - - WD green HDD (data)

Right now on amazon and newegg the cheapest 780 is the Galaxy HOF Edition. It's also the fastest clocked and best looking card. Which model 780 is the best? Price/Performance 

You should look at 3 years warranty AT LEAST. Evga, Gigabyte, Asus, MSI.

][ CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t @3,7GHz ][ GPU: GTX 660 2GB ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 8GB @1450Mhz CL9 DDR3 ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: SilentiumPC Regnum L50 ][ CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo & Arctic MX4 ][

Palit or Zotac, they beat everything, then msi lightning

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

Palit or Zotac, they beat everything, then msi lightning

Got any numbers for that? I assume you mean the Palit Jetstream. The Jetstream is the second cheapest aftermarket 780 in Norway, (only the MSi Gaming is cheaper) so if you have a link to a few benchmarks that would interest me greatly. The Super Jetstream is not very cheap however, but seem to have an identical cooler but a higher clock out of the box.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

I'd get the Galaxy GeForce GTX 780 HOF which is very inexpensive, comes with the highest clocks out of the box, and a very efficient cooler. I'm tempted to get myself one as I post about it.

http://i.imgur.com/vYaudPv.jpg?2 That just happened to me last week. The HOF may seem attractive, but i have been to hell and back with this thing. The rma replacement that im getting back will make it my THIRD HOF. The first had awful coil whine/600 mhz throttling, the second had the throttling again as well, an unevenly lit led logo, and it just died on me. I really want to give galaxy another chance but it just seems to me that the card was rushed and should have gone through more testing before it came to market. I HIGHLY recommend the ASUS DC2 (520$) and MSI Lightning (550$) in terms of fully non reference solidly built cards, the classy is what i would have chosen first but it jumped back to 700$ for some reason.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Got any numbers for that? I assume you mean the Palit Jetstream. The Jetstream is the second cheapest aftermarket 780 in Norway, (only the MSi Gaming is cheaper) so if you have a link to a few benchmarks that would interest me greatly. The Super Jetstream is not very cheap however, but seem to have an identical cooler but a higher clock out of the box.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/palit_geforce_gtx_780_super_jetstream_review,11.html

http://www.techpowerup.com/mobile/reviews/Palit/GeForce_GTX_780_Super_JetStream/1.html

http://m.hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/57437-palit-geforce-gtx-780-super-jetstream/?page=4

Yeah its the palit super jetstream its as fast or slightly faster than the msi lightning, its got a lot of overclocking headroom as it has samsung memory which oc's better than other types, in uk this card is fairly cheap

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

I can't really say how good the Gainward GTX 780 Phantom is but it seems fairly quiet. It's running warm however (80°C)

144Hz goodness

msi twin frozer is the BEST

beats msi lighting on most benchmarks

source: techpower up

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

On the same website and same test bench the palit card beats it in all benchmarks

On the same website and same test bench the palit card beats it in all benchmarks

not available for $520

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

The Lightning is MSI flagship card....

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

not available for $520

Not available for any dollars its europe/asia only and cheaper than the msi cards

http://www.scan.co.uk/shop/computer-hardware/all/gpu-nvidia/geforce-gtx-780-pci-e