Wanting my KB and Mouse lighting to stay on after shutdown

kieran3296

So i lookef at a solution to this a while ago but never got a real answer. Basically i love having a red glow to my room, even at night.  And having got the corsair K30 raptor and the Logitech G502 spectrum for the purpose of matching that colour scheme, i would love to have my mouse and keyboard glow even when i am away from my system. 

The real info:

in the past my original G502 proteus core would glow after shutdown and in sleep mode, the k30 however would only activate the backlight momentarily after a keypress. I just want my new G502 spectrum and my K30 being supplied power all the time. Its that simple. My razer tiamat 7.1s LEDs glow when the system is off (however they use the rear USB ports while my mouse and keyboard can only be in the front ports for the time being)

any help is appreciated 

Try going to BIOS and setting USB ports to always on if that's an option. Look in device manager as well.

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

Get a independently powered USB hub for cheap online and just plug them into that - I had the opposite problem with my mouse as it would stay on when I wanted it off.

e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-4-Port-USB-3-0-Plug/dp/B00E0NH7DQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1480894515&sr=1-2&keywords=powered+usb+hub

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.

21 minutes ago, Shiv78 said:

Try going to BIOS and setting USB ports to always on if that's an option. Look in device manager as well.

Running on the MSI 990-FXA board and i have:

USB Controller: enabled

XHCI Hand-Off: enabled

EHCI Hand-Off: enabled

Legacy USB support: enabled

Onboard USB 3.0 Controller: enabled

im unsure of which to change just incase i make an irreversible change. In device manager the USB ports are all set to allow power after shutdown

edit: i have checked all my USB ports and my K30 and G502 are set to not be turned off to save power under the 'power management' tab in device manager. Still no luck

Edited by kieran3296

13 minutes ago, xvantok said:

Get a independently powered USB hub for cheap online and just plug them into that - I had the opposite problem with my mouse as it would stay on when I wanted it off.

e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-4-Port-USB-3-0-Plug/dp/B00E0NH7DQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1480894515&sr=1-2&keywords=powered+usb+hub

Would that not cause input lag of some sort? Just wondering seeing as i do play competitive games a lot

I have my Steel series R700 set up that way and I can't sense any input lag but I don't play especially competitively so maybe I just don't notice it.

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.

you have to disable CPU C states in bios, also enable any charging setting if you have one

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire