Best daw

Himommies

What would you guys say is the Best daw out there.I am currently using T5 but I need something better.I also have a MIDI keyboard but its just ginormous.I am looking to spend 150 Cad max on a DAW and a midi keyboad if you guys can get that in.(Also if I don't get a midi keyboard I just won't be using one so keep that in mind)

Thanks all feed back is appreciated

My life

I'd try as many demos as you can.  DAW preference is more subjective than people realize, especially if you're not doing it professionally.

6 hours ago, elkenrod said:

I'd try as many demos as you can.  DAW preference is more subjective than people realize, especially if you're not doing it professionally.

Any cheap MIDI keyboards you can recomend?

My life

14 hours ago, Himommies said:

Any cheap MIDI keyboards you can recomend?

You mentioned the keyboard you currently have is too large.  How many keys is it?

30 minutes ago, elkenrod said:

You mentioned the keyboard you currently have is too large.  How many keys is it?

61 i think but its to large width wise

My life

So I'd recommend getting a 49 key then.  I have a 61 key and while I enjoy it, it's sometimes just a little to large for anything other than when I practice piano playing.

If you get a new controller on Amazon from one of the better known brands, you usually will get a demo(s) for a DAW, such as Abelton lite.

Personally, I try to buy used, like from Guitar Center.  There are tons of people who buy new, don't like it/understand how to use it, and then sell it back.  So there's great gear that's barely been touched.

It's not typical, but in the example I used above, you're saving 45% on the price by buying used.