Phone Tethering to a DS?

-ism

Hi everyone,

I'm not exactly sure how exactly I would have searched this on Google so I figured I would see what you guys thought.

Anyways, I have AT&T U-Verse (which as we all know is god-awful) and recently our Wifi has been down. A lot. Some dude is coming out to "repair" it soon. (Even though they replaced all our crap multiple times now). Anyways, I have this really ghetto configuration using my old router that somehow manages to work. However, the not a single mobile device in my house can get any Wifi. For some reason that I can't explain, it only seems to work on the desktops and laptops, and my Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I have no idea why this is. It doesn't work with any of the iPhones we have or anything else for that matter. 

What I was wondering, is it possible to tether my 3DS to my phone, with my phone getting the connection from my router? I know I can tether it to my phones LTE which I would do, except for the fact that I get 0-1 bar at my house. If anyone knows of an android app or tweak that would be able to accomplish this that would be great! All input is appreciated.

I'm running Android 4.3 Cyanogenmod 10.3, if it means anything.

AT&T is a horrible company. This will be their 5th or 6th time "fixing" our internet.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

You can't use your phone as a wifi tethering hotspot and a wifi client at the same time