Is this to much thermal paste?

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
16 minutes ago, AllHokage said:

Thanks everyone for the confirmation.

Also if anyone knows, is the water cooler connected to the right pins (there is 4, I connected them to the top 3 of SYS fan 1)?

I'm just making 100% sure everything is connected properly before troubleshooting further.
@W-L @wrathoftheturkey @Velvet Revolver

That looks fine, just make sure the pump is capable or variable speed if your are running it on DC voltage control to change the pump speed during load. If it's not capbale of variable speed you can set it to PWM (constant 12V) or DC voltage and always have it run at full speed.

12 minutes ago, AllHokage said:

Just double checking on your thoughts to eliminate an issue. Thanks :)

Looks like it spread out perfectly without too much excess, no problems there. 

Also if anyone knows, is the water cooler connected to the right pins (there is 4, I connected them to the top 3 of SYS fan 1)?

I'm just making 100% sure everything is connected properly before troubleshooting further.

image (2).jpeg

Might add this later...

16 minutes ago, AllHokage said:

That looks fine, just make sure the pump is capable or variable speed if your are running it on DC voltage control to change the pump speed during load. If it's not capbale of variable speed you can set it to PWM (constant 12V) or DC voltage and always have it run at full speed.

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Gotcha thanks for the help.

I'll try to find a way to set it to a maximum fan speed, as that could be the issue. I never really hear it pump.

Might add this later...

Check this video by Luke, it answers the question of too much thermal paste.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2