M.2 SSD OS only and hdd files

phoon
Go to solution Solved by Naeaes,

You running Win 10? Go from Settings (the new win10 settings, not control panel) to System to Storage. There you can set your virtual folders to point anywhere you want. Desktop specifically and few others aren't in there. Those you can re-locate in "This computer" Right-click on the Desktop folder, pick Properties and set the location on the Location tab.

Now i know how to install programs on hdd while os is on ssd but i need to move my desktop folder onto my hdd along with my other documents that take up space...so basiclly is just want to ultimatly have all the possible available space on my ssd freed up because only a select few of my programs while be on the ssd

My PC is a fast boyo:

6700K - 32GB - 1080 - 256GB EVO

^^You don't need more info than this right?^^

You running Win 10? Go from Settings (the new win10 settings, not control panel) to System to Storage. There you can set your virtual folders to point anywhere you want. Desktop specifically and few others aren't in there. Those you can re-locate in "This computer" Right-click on the Desktop folder, pick Properties and set the location on the Location tab.

16 minutes ago, robinhood22 said:

Now i know how to install programs on hdd while os is on ssd but i need to move my desktop folder onto my hdd along with my other documents that take up space...so basiclly is just want to ultimatly have all the possible available space on my ssd freed up because only a select few of my programs while be on the ssd

OK, simple enough.All you need to do is create some folders on your HDD for you files (documents folder, movies folder). Then go to the ones on the SSD (the originals). Then right click on them and select properties. Once you get there, select location and then add the folder on the HDD. Then copy the files over, and delete them from the SSD.

Note: you don't need to actually create the folders on the HDD if you are on windows 10, you can just click move. I only said that barbecue I don't know what OS you are on. If you are on windows 10, you can just hit move instead of adding a path in.

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2