Swiftech 8-Way PWM splitter mod?

enRodjavel

8WAY-PWM-SPLITTERX600.jpg

SO I got this Swiftech 8-Way PWM splitter with my Swiftech H220 and was wondering if I could solder a Resistor to the +12v (yellow) wire as You do with +12v->+5v adaptors so the Splitter just use +5v? cause I dont have any PWM-Fans in my Build, I "only" have 7 GT AP-15s and just 2 +5v Adaptors.

So basicaly I'm asking if it would work as a 8way +5v Splitter. I dont care about the PWM-funtion 

Been 10years since I did something like this in my Job so rusty as hell on the mathematics behind Ohm's Law xD

My Idea =  Splitter.png

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

You can either use a resistor or you could just move the cables within the molex connector to get 5 or 7v ->

su_1257.jpg

Not a good idea. That feeds current back to the PSU which can either cause damage be or detected as a short if it is within a certain threshold.

Error: 410

Should work, or you can change the 12v pin to the 5v pin, (Swap the 2) what ever you want.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

You should be able to as long as you solder it into the molex connector.

You can either use a resistor or you could just move the cables within the molex connector to get 5 or 7v ->

su_1257.jpg

A as I thought =D, thx Guys for the fast Replys. Then Im off to make a DIY-8-way-Fan splitter =D

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

Not a good idea. That feeds current back to the PSU which can either cause damage be or detected as a short if it is within a certain threshold.

Only a problem when using 7V, and even then fans don't draw enough current for that to have an effect, but yes higher wattage devices shouldn't be run off that 7V. 

A as I thought =D, thx Guys for the fast Replys. Then Im off to make a DIY-8-way-Fan splitter =D

Just be sure you get a resistor that can handle the current multiplied by 8, since a too small of a resistor would be a fire hazard.

Error: 410