"Please insert a disk into (Z:)" USB Drive Issue

DarkBlade2117

I've tried multiple recovery tools, they don't even recognize the USB Drive. I don't care if the data on it gets deleted, I turned it into a bootable USB drive and trying to use it atm but keep getting this problem/issue.

Can't do anything in disk management, can't format it, nothing.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

21 minutes ago, pwn_intended said:

use the HP USB utility. This program is pretty magical at reviving borked USB keys. It is the ONLY thing from HP I ever recommend. Drive doesn't have to be HP.

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_2aa85604194243afbdb1c29a34

Keeps saying http://prntscr.com/ddt9p6

I am the only user of this PC.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

19 hours ago, pwn_intended said:

use the HP USB utility. This program is pretty magical at reviving borked USB keys. It is the ONLY thing from HP I ever recommend. Drive doesn't have to be HP.

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_2aa85604194243afbdb1c29a34

Sorry for a slight thread hijack but for some reason chrome is saying that it's an untrusted publisher... How can I fix that?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 hour ago, TheRandomness said:

Sorry for a slight thread hijack but for some reason chrome is saying that it's an untrusted publisher... How can I fix that?

You can't. It's saying that because the program isn't digitally signed by a verified trust source.

Run it if you trust it, don't run it if you don't trust it. That's kinda the best advice I can give you.

When in doubt, re-format.

Just now, pwn_intended said:

You can't. It's saying that because the program isn't digitally signed by a verified trust source.

Run it if you trust it, don't run it if you don't trust it. That's kinda the best advice I can give you.

No, I mean it doesn't allow me to run the program at all. No options anywhere.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

No, I mean it doesn't allow me to run the program at all. No options anywhere.

Chrome shouldn't prevent you from launching ANY downloaded program....

That would be windows doing that. As stated above, once the file is downloaded, right click and run as admin. If it wont let you do that, then you likely don't have admin privileges on the machine.

Just now, pwn_intended said:

Chrome shouldn't prevent you from launching ANY downloaded program....

That would be windows doing that. As stated above, once the file is downloaded, right click and run as admin. If it wont let you do that, then you likely don't have admin privileges on the machine.

0c3514a8e458c679def04988a6a30f4d.png

I think we should continue this in PM because thread hijack...

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 hour ago, TheRandomness said:

0c3514a8e458c679def04988a6a30f4d.png

I think we should continue this in PM because thread hijack...

Oh I just ran the program with Console:)

5 hours ago, pwn_intended said:

right click, run as administrator.

Tried that, I cant even run it via console, Ive let it through my fire wall, nothing

25 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Tried that, I cant even run it via console, Ive let it through my fire wall, nothing

Interesting. I just tried running the one from the link I provided earlier and got the same error message. Never actually downloaded it from HP directly before. I just tried this version from download.com and it works, as long as you run it as admin: http://download.cnet.com/HP-USB-Disk-Storage-Format-Tool/3000-2094_4-10974082.html

GL.

1 minute ago, pwn_intended said:

Interesting. I just tried running the one from the link I provided earlier and got the same error message. Never actually downloaded it from HP directly before. I just tried this version from download.com and it works, as long as you run it as admin: http://download.cnet.com/HP-USB-Disk-Storage-Format-Tool/3000-2094_4-10974082.html

GL.

I go to format it and just says "there is no media in the specified device" but there is, I can plug it into my laptop right now and install Windows 10 of it :/

• 5 years later...
On 12/1/2016 at 2:24 PM, pwn_intended said:

GL.

i know this is old af, but THANK YOU. damn image flash failed and couldnt access the drive, till i found this. so again, thank you.