Cortana is lost...

Tr3v0r_C

Hey guys!

I'm disabled Cortana a while ago and I am trying to re enable it... however I can't seem to find where to do that.

When I don't have access to the notebook icon and the only mention of cortana settings don't contain anything useful:

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Tr3v0r_C said:

Hey guys!

I'm disabled Cortana a while ago and I am trying to re enable it... however I can't seem to find where to do that.

When I don't have access to the notebook icon and the only mention of cortana settings don't contain anything useful:

Thanks!

This is what you get for disabling it to begin with.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

In the new windows 10 update I don't think you can turn off Cortana anymore. It should be enabled.

PC:  Ryzen 5 1600 Gigabyte Gaming AB350 Gaming 3 | 16gb DDR4 2666MHz | Sapphire 5700xt 8gb | 2x Crucial 1TB SSD | EVGA 650w Fully Modular PSU | NZXT H440

1 minute ago, Garett1 said:

In the new windows 10 update I don't think you can turn off Cortana anymore. It should be enabled.

Well it does not say "Ask me anything" like other windows 10 computers... it says "search windows"

2 minutes ago, Tr3v0r_C said:

Well it does not say "Ask me anything" like other windows 10 computers... it says "search windows"

Is the microphone button still there to the right of where you search?

PC:  Ryzen 5 1600 Gigabyte Gaming AB350 Gaming 3 | 16gb DDR4 2666MHz | Sapphire 5700xt 8gb | 2x Crucial 1TB SSD | EVGA 650w Fully Modular PSU | NZXT H440

Just now, Garett1 said:

Is the microphone button still there to the right of where you search?

no there  is nothing....just the pinned programs

If you right click your task bar do not you see Cortana options there? 

1 minute ago, Garett1 said:

If you right click your task bar do not you see Cortana options there? 

aaa.png

I'm stumped. Maybe try typing cortana in the search box to see if some other options are disabled. But other than that I don't know why your cortana options arent showing up.

Just now, Garett1 said:

I'm stumped. Maybe try typing cortana in the search box to see if some other options are disabled. But other than that I don't know why your cortana options arent showing up.

I've done that... I'm not one to not be able to google something but I am stumped as well.

Just now, 1Reshiram12 said:

Wow I wish I could get rid of cortona and never find it! How did you get rid of it completely?

Obviously my magical computer skills.... However I do wish to find it still! xD