Ram Error on new build

Go to solution Solved by GalacticRuler,
2 minutes ago, STYCHE! said:

I was helping my friend build a computer, and at the conclusion when we turned it on it gave us 3 long beeps. Indicating a ram error. We put the ram in slots 2 and 4. Would changing it to slots 1 and 3 maybe reslove this error?

(Motherboard we are using: MSI 970 Gaming. Ram: Corsair Vengence Pro DDR3 2133 mhz)

Try it and see if that fixes it. If it does, there are two options. If you aren't planning on using more sticks, just leave it. If you want to use 3 or 4 sticks, I'd see which slot isn't working, and then RMA the board. If none of the slots work, I'd recommend if possible to try different RAM and a different CPU. If the problem persists, RMA it.

I was helping my friend build a computer, and at the conclusion when we turned it on it gave us 3 long beeps. Indicating a ram error. We put the ram in slots 2 and 4. Would changing it to slots 1 and 3 maybe reslove this error?

(Motherboard we are using: MSI 970 Gaming. Ram: Corsair Vengence Pro DDR3 2133 mhz)

2 minutes ago, STYCHE! said:

Try it and see if that fixes it. If it does, there are two options. If you aren't planning on using more sticks, just leave it. If you want to use 3 or 4 sticks, I'd see which slot isn't working, and then RMA the board. If none of the slots work, I'd recommend if possible to try different RAM and a different CPU. If the problem persists, RMA it.