Why Red LEDs on Non RGB peripherals?

mbryant

I know other keyboards and mice offer different single color LEDs but most of what I see is red. I was needing to replace my keyboard a few weeks ago and I wanted backlighting because I work in the dark. I didn't want to spend a fortune on an RGB mech keyboard but I ended up going with the Korsair k65 simply because it was RGB not just red. 

Just a gripe I had 

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

Because for manufacturer red is the best color but we all know in reality blue is king

Red is also the easiest and cheapest to produce.

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

1 minute ago, brighttail said:

is it really? its even cheaper than white backlit?

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Triple Fan | G.Skill 32GB 2x D5 6000

2 hours ago, brighttail said:

why would it be cheaper than blue though? Or even green 

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

its all on the manufacturer to decide, asus usually uses red corsair depends on the keyboard and series and razer uses green 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Just now, Maybach123 said:

its all on the manufacturer to decide, asus usually uses red corsair (im not sure) and razer uses green 

ASUS red

Razer green

Logitech blue

2 hours ago, Maybach123 said:

its all on the manufacturer to decide, asus usually uses red corsair (im not sure) and razer uses green 

I guess my point was, on single LED color keyboards I mostly see red, obviously I've seen Razer's green but christ alive, why aren't there any blues? For whatever reason manufacturers seem to think "red = aggressive = awesome gaming performance" 

Just now, mbryant said:

I guess my point was, on single LED color keyboards I mostly see red, obviously I've seen Razer's green but christ alive, why aren't there any blues? For whatever reason manufacturers seem to think "red = aggressive = awesome gaming performance" 

they make blue LED too, k70, steelseries, some logitech

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Triple Fan | G.Skill 32GB 2x D5 6000

2 minutes ago, mbryant said:

why would it be cheaper than blue though? Or even green 

If more people buy red then more red will be produced and price will drop b/c economies of scale, but I doubt that's the reason. I think it's more along the lines of the answer above me:

Just now, mbryant said:

For whatever reason manufacturers consumers seem to think "red = aggressive = awesome gaming performance" 

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

5 minutes ago, mbryant said:

HAVE YOU SEEN LOGITECH

5 minutes ago, mbryant said:

yeah I am kind of stuck with the red color from the parts I bought (asus rampage iv black edition and asus rog swift) but I like the red and black color scheme as long as it doesn't look cheap.

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/