PC Upgrade for eSport gaming and game streaming (warning: tech noob)

PH!L

Hi there. I play (lower level) competitive CS:GO. This requires me to run the game at a perfectly consistent >144fps. I have also recently started streaming on twitch. I want to be able to stream (i use OBS) Overwatch and CS:GO on full HD mid-high graphics settings with fps NEVER going below 144 witch my current system fails to do.

Current System:

Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV (LGA1150)

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070

CPU: Intel i5 4670K

RAM: 16GB HyberX DDR3

Cooling: some Cooler Master liquid cooler

Storage: Samsung 512GB SDD + 4TB HDD

I am planing on replaceing motherboard and CPU and maybe investing in a PCIE SDD. I won an ASUS B150 pro gaming d3 (LGA1151) at a small tournament recently. This Motherboard will not accept DDR4 RAM and is not suitable for overclocking (as far as i know). My question would be does it make sense to buy a better board like a Z170 and go for a i7 6700k and 16GB DDR4 to get a longer life span by haveing faster RAM and the possibility of overclocking or should I use the B150 I allready have with a i7 6700 and DDR3 RAM. 

Also some added questions: Can a Motherboard that is not desinged for OC have problems with factory OCed GPUs? Do coolers desingned for LGA1150 fit onto LGA1151 boards?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND TOLERANCE FOR MY INCOMPETENCE

5 minutes ago, PH!L said:

Hi there. I play (lower level) competitive CS:GO. This requires me to run the game at a perfectly consistent >144fps. I have also recently started streaming on twitch. I want to be able to stream (i use OBS) Overwatch and CS:GO on full HD mid-high graphics settings with fps NEVER going below 144 witch my current system fails to do.

Current System:

Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV (LGA1150)

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070

CPU: Intel i5 4670K

RAM: 16GB HyberX DDR3

Cooling: some Cooler Master liquid cooler

Storage: Samsung 512GB SDD + 4TB HDD

I am planing on replaceing motherboard and CPU and maybe investing in a PCIE SDD. I won an ASUS B150 pro gaming d3 (LGA1151) at a small tournament recently. This Motherboard will not accept DDR4 RAM and is not suitable for overclocking (as far as i know). My question would be does it make sense to buy a better board like a Z170 and go for a i7 6700k and 16GB DDR4 to get a longer life span by haveing faster RAM and the possibility of overclocking or should I use the B150 I allready have with a i7 6700 and DDR3 RAM. 

Also some added questions: Can a Motherboard that is not desinged for OC have problems with factory OCed GPUs? Do LGA1150 liquid coolers fit onto LGA1151 boards?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND TOLERANCE FOR MY INCOMPETENCE

Eh, personally would just go with the 6700 to save the money. And no, you will not have problems with an OCed GPU.

Why do you feel as though you have to run your games at 144fps? You probably don't need an upgrade but if you really want to I'd recommend the 6700k. The plain 6700 does NOT support overclocking.

Hope this helps...

-Delta

12 minutes ago, DeltaGames said:

Why do you feel as though you have to run your games at 144fps?

Like every serious competitive gamer i use a 144hz monitor for smoother gameplay which helps ALOT with aming. Having fps drop below 144 will cause very noticeable stuttering.

Thanks for your comment tho :)

7 minutes ago, DeltaGames said:

Why do you feel as though you have to run your games at 144fps? 

I mean, you read the title to the thread, right? 

Honestly though it's kind of difficult to say what to do with that motherboard. While I can't speak for CS:GO, I can say that with Overwatch, I was running a 3.5GHz hyperthreaded quad core and was easily getting high 200s (low everything @ 1440p), so keeping the mobo and grabbing an i7-6700k (or even just a 6700) should do you fine in the CPU spectrum. If you're concerned about FPS with streaming, consider using OBS with Intel's QuickSync technology. AlwaysFSX has a fantastic post on how to do such a thing, and the quality is, imo, better than NVIDIA's ShadowPlay.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

2 minutes ago, PH!L said:

i use a 144hz monitor for smoother gameplay with helps ALOT with aming. Having fps drop below 144 will cause very noticeable stuttering

I was not aware of this. Now that I think about it, it makes sense! Good luck with your upgrade!

Hope this helps...

-Delta