i5 4690k OC and Cache ratio

So I overclocked my i5-4690k to 4.4Ghz at 1.75v, it is stable at this point after stress testing (AIDA64 and prime95) now I tried to set the cpu ring bus to same multiplier and voltage (4.4Ghz and 1.175v) but that isn't stable anymore.

Should I higher my Ring bus voltage or lower the frequency? I read somewhere u should keep your ring bus voltage always below core voltage, is this true?

Ring ratio should not exceed core clock speed, from what I know it should be kept as close to the core clock speed as possible, but running it slower doesn't affect performance much. Many people don't even touch that setting.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

8 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Ring ratio should not exceed core clock speed, from what I know it should be kept as close to the core clock speed as possible, but running it slower doesn't affect performance much. Many people don't even touch that setting.

But what about the voltage of ring ratio, may that exceed core voltage?

16 minutes ago, aquilaray said:

But what about the voltage of ring ratio, may that exceed core voltage?

I wouldn't touch that if I were you.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

I've experimented with the Ring Bus speeds on my 4670k and never found a real correlation between speed and performance beyond a small percentage. In fact benchmarks often went down the higher I went along with a lack of stability. Cap it in the high 30s if you want, but I wouldn't run it much past x40.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.