"Disable" monitor without unplugging?

OLS
Go to solution Solved by Tosa,

Yes.

Assuming you use Windows 10, you can right click your desktop, enter Display settings, highlight the monitor you want to disable and select "disconnect this display" under the "Multiple displays" drop down box.

Is there any ways to "disable" the connection between PC and one of my monitors without having to unplug it?

| Intel i5 4670k @ 4.3GHz | XFX RX 480 8 GB | Asus Z87i-Pro | 8.0 GB Kinston DDR3 | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD |

Set only show display on one monitor?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Yes.

Assuming you use Windows 10, you can right click your desktop, enter Display settings, highlight the monitor you want to disable and select "disconnect this display" under the "Multiple displays" drop down box.

1 minute ago, Tosa said:

snip

1 minute ago, Randomguy1911 said:

snip

2 minutes ago, Dredgy said:

snip

Thank you all! :)

| Intel i5 4670k @ 4.3GHz | XFX RX 480 8 GB | Asus Z87i-Pro | 8.0 GB Kinston DDR3 | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD |

• 5 years later...

I know this thread is quite old, but I found a tool that is really useful and would like to link it for anyone who comes across this thread (like I did moments earlier). I have a laptop that I dock to an EGPU with multiple monitors, but I wanted to disable the laptop screen without closing the lid (as my laptop design gets better ventilation when open). I could not find the option to disable just the laptop screen, and since I have two external monitors, I couldn't just select "Second Screen Only". Well I found this: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/multi_monitor_tool.html that allows me to disable any monitor. And best of all, the settings persist depending on the configuration. So when I undock, my laptop screen returns to normal usage, but if I redock (and had enabled the setting to disable my laptop monitor) it turns off. Hopefully someone keyword searching on Google like I was may come across this.