I think my motherboard is failing

Yesterday i started having problems with my pc, both the taskbar and the windows menu started getting unresponsive but didn't crash.
Then other apps started doing the same thing, i can interact with my keyboard but not with my mouse (i tested another mouse).
Got a fresh windows10 install and noticed something similar in the actual installation process.
Same thing happened after the install.
Sometimes works just fine for a short period of time then goes back to it again if i try to open something, i'm typing from the same pc now and chrome works just fine, but if i hover over the taskbar nothing happens and if i press the windows key i can't click anything in the menu.
If something starts running it runs just fine, i managed to launch Legend Of Grimrock2 and it worked, but when i closed the game the taskbar, exlorer.exe and chrome all did the same thing, run just fine but unresponsive to the mouse imputs and if i tried to click on them it was like clicking an empty desktop.
I can still select them with alt-tab, close them with alt-f4 and navigate with keyboard but the mouse imputs do not work.
I tested a fresh install with no GPU and the same thing happened.
Please help me out guys, i'm going insane after this thing.

Running:

i5 3570k (NO OC)
Asus p8z77-v lx2
Amd R9 380 4gigs
8gigs cruicial ballistix ddr3
120 gigs kingston ssd
Techsolo 650w power supply

Have you tried plugging you mouse into another USB port?

Hope this helps...

-Delta

37 minutes ago, PELLICOLA said:

run just fine but unresponsive to the mouse imputs and if i tried to click on them it was like clicking an empty desktop.

Does anything highlight when you hover your mouse over them? like taskbar icons. If not, then you have some invisible window in front, or your explorer.exe is just not responding. Taskbar, Menu, and windows explorer are all explorer.exe tasks. I highly doubt it's your motherboard, because mouse and keyboard are both peripherals off the pch, and if your pch were bad, then you'd have nothing to input. Try another usb port if you haven't done so. front usb, pci-e USB cards, etc. If not, I'd do another reinstall and see if that helps.

PS: Also try resetting CMOS, there are some mouse related options in there, simple and worth a shot

PC 0: Pinky 2.0

Ryzen 9 5950x — 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws 5 @3600Mhz CL14-13-13-28-288 — ROG Crosshair 8 Dark Hero — RX 6900 XT — Hardline Loop — Sabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB — Samsung PM961 1TB  WD Blue 4TB HDD — Corsair AX1500i — Thermaltake Core P5 

PC 1: Pinky (Yes that is her name) Here's the build

Xeon E5-1680V3 — 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 @2400Mhz — MSi X99A Godlike Gaming — GTX 980Ti SLI (2-WAY) — Hardline Loop — Samsung 950Pro 512GB — Seagate 2TB HDD — Corsair RM1000 — Thermaltake Core P5

PC 1.1: Pinky (Mom Edition) Here's the build

i7-5960X — 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 @2400Mhz — MSi X99A Godlike Gaming — GTX 980Ti SLI (2-WAY) — Hardline Loop — Sabrent Rocket 3 1TB — Samsung Q 870 Evo 4TB — Corsair HX850i — InWin S-Frame #190

PC 2: Red Box/Scarlet Overkill (Dual Xeon)

Xeon E5-2687W x2 — 96GB Kingston DDR3 ECC REG @1333Mhz — EVGA Classified SR-X Dual CPU — GTX 1070 SLI (2-WAY) —Hardline Loop — Samsung 750 EVO 256GB — Seagate 2TB 2.5" HDD x3 — Self-Built Case

37 minutes ago, PELLICOLA said:

run just fine but unresponsive to the mouse imputs and if i tried to click on them it was like clicking an empty desktop.

Does anything highlight when you hover your mouse over them? like taskbar icons. If not, then you have some invisible window in front, or your explorer.exe is just not responding. Taskbar, Menu, and windows explorer are all explorer.exe tasks. I highly doubt it's your motherboard, because mouse and keyboard are both peripherals off the pch, and if your pch were bad, then you'd have nothing to input. Try another usb port if you haven't done so. front usb, pci-e USB cards, etc. If not, I'd do another reinstall and see if that helps.

PS: Also try resetting CMOS, there are some mouse related options in there, simple and worth a shot

Ryzen 9 5950x — 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws 5 @3600Mhz CL14-13-13-28-288 — ROG Crosshair 8 Dark Hero — RX 6900 XT — Hardline Loop — Sabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB — Samsung PM961 1TB  WD Blue 4TB HDD — Corsair AX1500i — Thermaltake Core P5 

Xeon E5-1680V3 — 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 @2400Mhz — MSi X99A Godlike Gaming — GTX 980Ti SLI (2-WAY) — Hardline Loop — Samsung 950Pro 512GB — Seagate 2TB HDD — Corsair RM1000 — Thermaltake Core P5

i7-5960X — 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 @2400Mhz — MSi X99A Godlike Gaming — GTX 980Ti SLI (2-WAY) — Hardline Loop — Sabrent Rocket 3 1TB — Samsung Q 870 Evo 4TB — Corsair HX850i — InWin S-Frame #190

Xeon E5-2687W x2 — 96GB Kingston DDR3 ECC REG @1333Mhz — EVGA Classified SR-X Dual CPU — GTX 1070 SLI (2-WAY) —Hardline Loop — Samsung 750 EVO 256GB — Seagate 2TB 2.5" HDD x3 — Self-Built Case

7 minutes ago, hihihi8 said:

sometimes they do highlight but i can't click them, this happened with crimson before i shut down the pc, i'm on my crappy laptop now.
I'll try to reset the cmos
I reinstalled like 4 times, nothing changed and i tried multiple usb ports

11 minutes ago, PELLICOLA said:

sometimes they do highlight but i can't click them, this happened with crimson before i shut down the pc, i'm on my crappy laptop now.
I'll try to reset the cmos
I reinstalled like 4 times, nothing changed and i tried multiple usb ports

24 minutes ago, hihihi8 said:

I got into my bios before resetting and i can navigate my bios with my mouse just fine,i can click averything and it works.
Do you really think it's not the motherboard? Because i can't really afford to spend 60€ on a new one, but if it's needed i'll get another one

37 minutes ago, hihihi8 said:

i tried booting like usual and now i can highlight and press the taskbar, but if i right click and try to do something from that menu i can't click anything, same thing with the start menu, i can open and higlight but can't click, this also happend with other apps.

Edit: that didn't last for too long, same as before now, but i can still use chrome just fine.

42 minutes ago, DeltaGames said:

Have you tried plugging you mouse into another USB port?

yes i did, does the same thing

Please guys, i really need some help, no one knows of problems like this one?
It would be greatly appreciated.

the fact that your computer boots and works means it's not motherboard related. It might be virus related, I'm not sure if there are any viruses that can survive a reinstall, however, try booting off a recovery disk or installing windows on another hard drive and see if you get the same issues. Also try unplugging your keyboard, maybe you have a bridge in the keyboard causing a key to stay activated

I'm really just thinking of all possibilities so don't expect them to work, but they're quick and worth a shot before replacing anything.