Best Pull Only Fan?

Valkyrie Lenneth

yo, what is the best pull only fan ( for pull on a nh-d15 as extra fan ) low noise / great performance ( dont want the buzzing fan noise that usually happens in pull mode )

120mm fans only and pull only because i wont use em in push

(◑‿◐)

Any good fan on market, and I'm not sure which one's the best one, but I recommend EKWB Vardar, or Corsair ML120 for it.

Edited by PCNoobie

4 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

yo, what is the best pull only fan ( for pull on a nh-d15 as extra fan ) low noise / great performance ( dont want the buzzing fan noise that usually happens in pull mode )

120mm fans only and pull only because i wont use em in push

Probably another NF-F12

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Get another noctua fan.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Probably another NF-F12

i got the stock fans that came with the nh-d15 i just wanna get an extra pull fan, all fans i got give the buzzing noise and the stock fans on pull also give a huge buzzing noise, the nf-f12 wont get the buzzing @ pull mode?

(◑‿◐)

Get the same one. Fans have no difference for their push vs pull performance, but if there are 2 working in tandem, the best performance is 2 of the same so they are completely in phase and no turbulence or pressure loss occurs.

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

1 minute ago, tarfeef101 said:

Get the same one. Fans have no difference for their push vs pull performance, but if there are 2 working in tandem, the best performance is 2 of the same so they are completely in phase and no turbulence or pressure loss occurs.

thats the problem, the same fan has a huge buzzing noise in pull mode :( thats why im stuck, tried 6 different fans on pull, all buzz in their own way

(◑‿◐)

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

i got the stock fans that came with the nh-d15 i just wanna get an extra pull fan, all fans i got give the buzzing noise and the stock fans on pull also give a huge buzzing noise, the nf-f12 wont get the buzzing @ pull mode?

How about just not running a fan in pull? The 2 fans should more than suffice.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

thats the problem, the same fan has a huge buzzing noise in pull mode :( thats why im stuck, tried 6 different fans on pull, all buzz in their own way

Not sure what's going on with you, maybe a bad mounting bracket, but that's not an issue I (or anyone I've talked to really) have encountered. Same fan should be fine. Try mounting it without the metal bracket, and instead try something like rubber bands or zipties and see if that changes anything

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

1 hour ago, Energycore said:

How about just not running a fan in pull? The 2 fans should more than suffice.

i use my rear of the case as my intake for the cpu coz it doesnt fit the other way around, im basicly using my top part of the pc as an exhaust * 2fans top   and from my rear fan straight into the first noctua fan and then 2nd noctua fan, i need a fan to pull the air further * under my dvd drive basicly * there i got another fan pushing it out of the case again xD i have a strange airflow but suprisingly it works insane good... just need that added fan ( when i manually put a fan on there holding with my hand it drops another 3*C - 5*C which is crucial in my oc atm

1 hour ago, tarfeef101 said:

Not sure what's going on with you, maybe a bad mounting bracket, but that's not an issue I (or anyone I've talked to really) have encountered. Same fan should be fine. Try mounting it without the metal bracket, and instead try something like rubber bands or zipties and see if that changes anything

i tried the rubber band thing and it doesnt work, also its just the fan blades from the noctua fan making the buzzing noise while pulling, ppl seem to have fixed it by putting a spacer between but i cant do that xD , noctua confirmed that hte stock nh-d15 fans dont like pull mode ( coz noise )

(◑‿◐)

Pull only fan?... ... ... Umm... Any of them?... Noctua would be nice...

Note: Any will do the job. I think airflow might be best since it'll push a lot more air [thus] needing air to fill in the "empty" space, but someone more knowledgeable will have to confirm.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers