H440 air pressure

Froody129

Hey guys

i was wondering if the H440 V2 in its stock configuration with the PSU facing down has positive or negative air pressure. Any help would be appreciated.

That's an F in the profile pic

utilizing a newer PSU (fan does not turn on till a certain load/temp) prolly a zero effect.

remember the three intake fans are filtered. this reduces the overall air intake volume (45-55%).

so that'd be 3x 45cfm intake (adjusted for air filter would be 67.5cfm) 1x 50cfm exhaust. for a net slight positive pressure at 100% fan speed.

fan facing upward would be like adding another exhaust fan into the equation would make it a negative pressure. since the fan is down, then it'd have no effect on the case internals.

1 hour ago, airdeano said:

utilizing a newer PSU (fan does not turn on till a certain load/temp) prolly a zero effect.

remember the three intake fans are filtered. this reduces the overall air intake volume (45-55%).

so that'd be 3x 45cfm intake (adjusted for air filter would be 67.5cfm) 1x 50cfm exhaust. for a net slight positive pressure at 100% fan speed.

fan facing upward would be like adding another exhaust fan into the equation would make it a negative pressure. since the fan is down, then it'd have no effect on the case internals.

Ok thanks. I also read some things about the fan hub not supporting speed change. I'm going for a quiet build and fans at 100% would be annoying. Can the stock fans at least change speed on the stock fan hub?

That's an F in the profile pic

as like the 3-pin fans with a voltage change, but for a best PWM solution, using the motherboard and fan splitters works very well:

41IYzVT1j2L._SY355_.jpgpwm_cooling_fan_splitter_black_sleeved_d