Please check my build and tell me if anything is wrong

cooler, if you OC don't use that, get something more serious like a Noctua NH-D15 or a 240mm liquid cooler

Get the 1080 gaming X so that you can afford to get a SSD. A build without a SSD in this budget doesn't make sense.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Looks fine. Only thing I might suggest is to move from 1x16gb stick of ram to 2x8gb ram; it gives you slightly higher bandwidth and I don't see you upgrading to 64gb ram with this build.

Also you might want to get an SSD but hey, that's up to you.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

26 minutes ago, EvilGoldFish said:

i Am buiulding this pc and i want to know whether the power supply is good and if the graphic card fits in the case properly without any issues

pc parts link : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mCL3m8

case : http://www.circlect.com/gaming-accessories/gaming-cabinets/cc-830-black.html

please reply as fast as you can

Thanks a lot

Yes the PSU is tier 1. The graphics card fits fine. However your cooler will not fit

2 hours ago, Wufflez said:

Yes the PSU is tier 1. The graphics card fits fine. However your cooler will not fit

the cooler wont fit?in this case?can u suggest a better case then or a cooler that fits

please reply as fast as u can

thanks a lot

2 hours ago, Wufflez said:

3 hours ago, zMeul said:

cooler, if you OC don't use that, get something more serious like a Noctua NH-D15 or a 240mm liquid cooler

i don't think i'll OC

so is there a problem?

1 minute ago, EvilGoldFish said:

i don't think i'll OC

so is there a problem?

nop

6 minutes ago, EvilGoldFish said:

the cooler wont fit?in this case?can u suggest a better case then or a cooler that fits

please reply as fast as u can

thanks a lot

120 liquid cooler will fit 

2 hours ago, zMeul said:

nop

will the cooler fit in the case in the link

please tell

2 hours ago, Mohamed Said said:

120 liquid cooler will fit 

is'nt the cooler master hyper 212x 120mm?

4 minutes ago, EvilGoldFish said:

is'nt the cooler master hyper 212x 120mm?

yes the cooler master hyper 212x is a 120 mm , but i meant something like Seidon 120V Plus or Nepton 120XL or MasterLiquid Pro 120.

1 minute ago, Mohamed Said said:

yes the cooler master hyper 212x is a 120 mm , but i meant something like Seidon 120V Plus or Nepton 120XL or MasterLiquid Pro 120.

what about the corsair cpu liquid cooler h80i v2 high performance?

17 minutes ago, EvilGoldFish said:

what about the corsair cpu liquid cooler h80i v2 high performance?

that one is also good for 120mm liquid cooler the ultimate point is to get a liquid cooler with 120mm/140mm that will fit into you case with the best price according to their availability in the market.

the brand of it just look for the best performance with the best price , which is to improve your cooling of the CPU . and pls consider the point of the SSD since you are having a high end GPU and a Decent CPU as the 6700K

Edited by Mohamed Said

1 minute ago, Mohamed Said said:

that one is also good for 120mm liquid cooler the ultimate point is to get a liquid cooler with 120mm/140mm that will fit into you case with the best price according to their availability in the market.

the brand of it just look for the best performance with the best price , which is to improve your cooling of the CPU . and pls consider the point of the SSD since you are having a high end GPU and a Decent CPU as the 6700K

can you suggest a decent liquid cooler that fits in the case i provided in the description?

and i cannot get an ssd since i the other parts that i bought were a bit expensive than i figured

11 minutes ago, EvilGoldFish said:

can you suggest a decent liquid cooler that fits in the case i provided in the description?

and i cannot get an ssd since i the other parts that i bought were a bit expensive than i figured

the EPA aquachanger 120 for $39.99 after $10.00 rebate card  https://pcpartpicker.com/product/DLkwrH/lepa-cpu-cooler-lpwac120hf

or the DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm captain 120 ex for $49.99 after $20.00 rebate card https://pcpartpicker.com/product/GjH48d/deepcool-captain-120-ex-765-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-captain-120-ex

•  

Good AIO: Corsair H100i v2 / H110i, NZXT Kraken X61 (62 is more expensive), be quiet! Silent Loop 240mm / 280mm

You should add an SSD to your build. One of the recent high end samsung/intel ones would suite this build nicely, at this price without a ssd makes no sense. IMO much more important than a Liquid Cooler.

[cnyrmb@TheBeast-Arch ~]$ java -jar print_footer.jar

Main Rig:

i7-4790K - Asrock Z97 Extreme 6 - EVGA 1070 FTW - 16GB HyperX Fury @ 1866 - 120GB 840 EVO -  1TB WD Blue - XFX XTR 750W (80+ Gold) - Arch Linux/Win10

7 minutes ago, Mohamed Said said:

the EPA aquachanger 120 for $39.99 after $10.00 rebate card  https://pcpartpicker.com/product/DLkwrH/lepa-cpu-cooler-lpwac120hf

or the DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm captain 120 ex for $49.99 after $20.00 rebate card https://pcpartpicker.com/product/GjH48d/deepcool-captain-120-ex-765-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-captain-120-ex

•  

about my ram,everyone is telling me to get 2x8 sticks,but i already got the 1x16 stick,so will it work or do i need to get another 16gb stcik for it to work?

The card should fit in the case. The case supports up to 310 mm cards and the 1080 you have selected is 279 mm. Get an SSD to install your OS, programs and a few frequently used games (Samsung 850 EVO in whatever capacity you need) and then use the 1 TB for media, documents and more games. I would also get two 8 GB sticks instead of one 16 GB for dual channel mode. And for a liquid cooler I would get an NZXT Kraken X52 or X62 but I'm not sure if the case supports the X62 as it's a 280 mm. 

The Intel 600p is faster than the EVO for about the same price.

I put this list together for you.

Saved you $100, Changed the 1080 Gaming Z to a Gaming X. If you use afterburner, you can overclock the card back to gaming Z levels and you save $ so that you can get an SSD. I  included an additional small cheapy 120Gb SSD to boot from and the Cryorig H7 cooler has quite reasonable reviews and  will fit in the case you want to use. That case has a max height for coolers of 155mm. the 212 you specified was 158mm tall. The Cryorig is an air cooler also means that you don't have to worry about water leaks

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XLYkgL

1 hour ago, CNY RMB said:

You should add an SSD to your build. One of the recent high end samsung/intel ones would suite this build nicely, at this price without a ssd makes no sense. IMO much more important than a Liquid Cooler.

i cant afford an ssd

1 hour ago, Matias_Chambers said:

The card should fit in the case. The case supports up to 310 mm cards and the 1080 you have selected is 279 mm. Get an SSD to install your OS, programs and a few frequently used games (Samsung 850 EVO in whatever capacity you need) and then use the 1 TB for media, documents and more games. I would also get two 8 GB sticks instead of one 16 GB for dual channel mode. And for a liquid cooler I would get an NZXT Kraken X52 or X62 but I'm not sure if the case supports the X62 as it's a 280 mm. 

i cant afford an ssd and a high end liquid cooler since i went allout on the other parts

and about the ram will the 1x16 won't work without another 1x16 stick or can it work alone?

1 minute ago, EvilGoldFish said:

i cant afford an ssd and a high end liquid cooler since i went allout on the other parts

and about the ram will the 1x16 won't work without another 1x16 stick or can it work alone?

It will work alone but instead of getting 1 16 GB stick, get two 8 GB sticks for double the memory bandwidth. 

Just now, Matias_Chambers said:

It will work alone but instead of getting 1 16 GB stick, get two 8 GB sticks for double the memory bandwidth. 

i didn't know that i already got the ram :(

will it make much difference

i already got the graphics card,processor,ram,motherboard

the rest i need is the hdd,case,psu,cooler

and if u can ,please suggest a good case that can fit theese ewasily for a good price

8 minutes ago, EvilGoldFish said:

and if u can ,please suggest a good case that can fit theese ewasily for a good price

I do agree you should've taken the 8GBx2 instead of 16GBx1 but this rarely affects things nowadays (the link is dual vs quad channel. It only matters if you have an application that uses the entire bandwidth of a single channel only then will you have problems). Just get a second one next time.

Also, get an M.2 SSD, I think most of these are faster than standard SATA SSDs. Also, these will be ultra low profile and won't take up space in your case since it will be placed on your motherboard :) if the motherboard has an M.2 slot that is...

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

Just now, EvilGoldFish said:

The RAM wont make a big difference if any at all. For the case I would get a Phanteks P400 or NZXT S340 (Elite version if you can afford it)  The cooler you selected will do fine even for a bit of overclocking. Instead of spending extra on a better cooler, get a 120 GB SSD for OS and programs. I would recommend an ADATA Premier SP550. The PSU is good, don't change it. The 550W version of it will be enough though.