GTX1050Ti stutter issues

Hi there everyone. I am really happy about the 10 series card which is the GTX1050Ti 4GB GDDR5 which I just bought almost a week already. But I have seen some issues or should I say stuttering on my screen when I play my games like GTA 5 running on the optimized settings of NVIDIA GEFORCE EXPERIENCE. What should I do to eliminate stuttering on my screen? should I upgrade my intel core i3-2120 processor and my P8H61-M LX3 PLUS R2.0 motherboard and get another 4GB DDR3?

4 minutes ago, Jordan Gulrajani said:

Hi there everyone. I am really happy about the 10 series card which is the GTX1050Ti 4GB GDDR5 which I just bought almost a week already. But I have seen some issues or should I say stuttering on my screen when I play my games like GTA 5 running on the optimized settings of NVIDIA GEFORCE EXPERIENCE. What should I do to eliminate stuttering on my screen? should I upgrade my intel core i3-2120 processor and my P8H61-M LX3 PLUS R2.0 motherboard and get another 4GB DDR3?

M8 UR CPU IS A BOTTLENECK. Upgrade to like a pentuim or maybe a haswell core i5

Hi OP. First analyse where the stutter is coming from. What screen have you got? V-Sync? Average / lowest FPS ingame? 

Chances are that your i3 will bottleneck the hell out of that 1050, that one will not cut it that well with AAA FPS titles.

Board is ok'ish. Another 4 GB RAM will go a long way for pretty much everything.

GTAV uses alot of the processor power, yours is too weak.

get an i5 6400/i5 6500

or if you prefer to re-use your DDR3 ram, get an i5 4460 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

1 minute ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

Another 4 GB RAM will go a long way for pretty much everything.

he never said how much he has to begin with.

Just now, Megah3rtz said:

he never said how much he has to begin with.

He said "and get another 4GB DDR3" so I assume he got 4 to begin with, which would sound right to me with the rest of the specs, for some reason I didn't anticipate 12GB RAM or sth. like that :-)

6 minutes ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

He said "and get another 4GB DDR3" so I assume he got 4 to begin with, which would sound right to me with the rest of the specs, for some reason I didn't anticipate 12GB RAM or sth. like that :-)

I thought you meant when he said 

17 minutes ago, Jordan Gulrajani said:

4GB GDDR5

but you can't assume anyway, its safer to ask. 

4 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

I thought you meant when he said " 4GB GDDR5 "

but you can't assume anyway, its safer to ask. 

The 4 GB GDDR5 reference to the GPU not system RAM ?!?!!?!?!? dude whats up, you awake yet? :-) upgrade VRAM with another 4 GB stick, that would be something for Lukes ghetto builds if possible at all :-)

i made a reasonable assumption, nothing more nothing less, I will live it, hope you can too :-)

Just now, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

The 4 GB GDDR5 reference to the GPU not system RAM ?!?!!?!?!?

that's what I meant.

Just now, Megah3rtz said:

that's what I meant.

read the rest of the statement where I make fun of you for implying that :-)

14 minutes ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

I made a reasonable assumption, nothing more nothing less, I will live it, hope you can too :-)

I said safer to ask, doesn't mean you can't make an assumption; It was certainly a fair assumption. but it's best to know what the are specifics if you can just simply ask. if he bought an extra 4gb to make it 12gb, it might upset him if thats not the solution, and its definitely as waste of money if it didn't work. Its about the poster, so lets not continue arguing. 

12 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

I said safer to ask, doesn't mean you can't make an assumption; It was certainly a fair assumption. but it's best to know what the are specifics if you can just simply ask. if he bought an extra 4gb to make it 12gb, it might upset him if thats not the solution, and its definitely as waste of money if it didn't work. Its about the poster, so lets not continue arguing. 

that would have been a step further down the line, since he didn't reply to anything posted here yet you can't assume what I would have done later one. might have been saver to ask. :-) (also, given my age, chances are I'm trolling the internet way longer then you are, not sure if you want to keep this potaito potaato thing up...)

1 hour ago, OsuMasterz said:

Lol that CPU can be outperformed by a Pentium G3258 easily.

It is quite on par with a g3258 in games that can use 4 or more threads.

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-2120-vs-Intel-Pentium-G3258/m2227vs2434

1 hour ago, Jordan Gulrajani said:

another 4GB DDR3

If you only have 4gb of ddr3 system ram it is going to stutter like hell, 8gb is minimum for system ram (not vram) to not get stuttering in gta V. 

The i3 should be plenty for the 1050 ti maybe a slight bottleneck but not majorly.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

21 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

It is quite on par with a g3258 in games that can use 4 or more threads.

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-2120-vs-Intel-Pentium-G3258/m2227vs2434

If you only have 4gb of ddr3 system ram it is going to stutter like hell, 8gb is minimum for system ram (not vram) to not get stuttering in gta V. 

The i3 should be plenty for the 1050 ti maybe a slight bottleneck but not majorly.

Specs don't mean anything until you actually see the benchmark numbers

24 minutes ago, OsuMasterz said:

Specs don't mean anything until you actually see the benchmark numbers

? I posted a benchmark comparison between the two.

46 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

5 hours ago, Jordan Gulrajani said:

Upgrade to a 4th Gen or 6th Gen.

GAMING RIG

i5 4590 / 16GB / RX 480 8GB

On 11/25/2016 at 1:30 PM, paprikman said:

Your i3 is a crucial bottleneck. Get any i5 and it will run like a charm.

Can the i5 6400 make a difference?