Battlefield 1 Performance issues

Disketa
48 minutes ago, Monarch said:

It's not trash, it's just widely misunderstood. It's supposed to reduce CPU overhead and improve parallelization. Nvidia somehow managed to achieve this with DX11, but AMD has high CPU overhead under DX11, and DX12 seems to really improve performance for them.

So it works. Without optimization done in Nvidia driver and without DX12 for AMD, performance would be even worse. Much worse. So of course, you still need a powerful CPU. DX12 can't help with processing game logic, AI, physics, etc.

that's the ONLY video on the whole internet that show DX12 improvement for AMD in BF1...ALL the other outlets report same performance or slightly worse with worse minimum fps and frametimes...there is something wrong with this video as much as i love DF they fucked up with this one.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

20 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

that's the ONLY video on the whole internet that show DX12 improvement for AMD in BF1...ALL the other outlets report same performance or slightly worse with worse minimum fps and frametimes...there is something wrong with this video as much as i love DF they fucked up with this one.

Well, it's hard to test this. Significant performance increase should be in high draw call scenarios only, if there are no other bottlenecks. And these change depending on what's going on, the map, part of the map, etc.

This guy also got higher performance with DX12, both avg and minimum fps, but significantly higher min fps.

Anyway, ultimately DX12 just opened the door, it's up to devs to optimize. 

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

23 minutes ago, Monarch said:

Well, it's hard to test this. Significant performance increase should be in high draw call scenarios only, if there are no other bottlenecks. And these change depending on what's going on, the map, part of the map, etc.

This guy also got higher performance with DX12, both avg and minimum fps, but significantly higher min fps.

Anyway, ultimately DX12 just opened the door, it's up to devs to optimize. 

You should listen to this video...till the end:

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

7 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

You should listen to this video...till the end:

Well then I guess they messed up the DX12 after all. I actually had better performance with Mantle in BF4, so low level APIs are definitely useful and can increase performance. 

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

Just now, Monarch said:

Well then I guess they messed up the DX12 after all. I actually had better performance with Mantle in BF4, so low level APIs are definitely useful and can increase performance. 

that said, i do get your point.,..i should not say DX12 is garbage...BF1 is a DX11 game with DX12 support bolted on...it's just that most DX12 stuff so far is NOT impressive...to say the least...it'll come...but it'll likely take a couple more years i think.

Guys i hear you talking about the i5 4670k not man enough to run BF1, I am using i5 4670K Haswell and GTX 980TI and i am running at 1440p @ 165hz and i have no problems?