Battlefield 1 Performance issues

Disketa

I am having performance issues in battlefield 1 and i feel like i should not with my gtx 1060 Strix, i5 4690K, 16 GB ram.

Asked for help on reddit, but noone replied, so i asked here.

Any help is appreciated.

BF1 Performance.png

Bf 1 settings.png

Bf 1 settings 2.png

Btw fps on the first pic is in the top right corner

1 minute ago, Disketa said:

or help on reddit, but noone replied, so i asked here.

Any help is appreciated.

Get rid of gpu memory restriction 

Just now, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Get rid of gpu memory restriction 

Yes tried it, makes no difference at all

Just now, Disketa said:

Btw fps on the first pic is in the top right corner

Make sure your CPU is not running at 100%, battlefield 1 is very CPU heavy and can cause issues like that

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

1 minute ago, Disketa said:

Yes tried it, makes no difference at all

are you running overclock, and what are the temps? Also try without dx12 (Some certain cpu/gpu combos are having issues with dx12 

Just now, Morgan MLGman said:

Make sure your CPU is not running at 100%, battlefield 1 is very CPU heavy and can cause issues like that

Oh yes, forgot to mention that, there is no moment where my cpu is not at 100% when the game is running.

Just now, Disketa said:

Oh yes, forgot to mention that, there is no moment where my cpu is not at 100% when the game is running.

Classic bottleneck, i5's are not good enough for BF1. To solve this issue you can do three things: 1. Overclock the CPU, 2. Make sure nothing is running in the background (ex. internet browser, steam, skype etc), 3. upgrade the CPU to an i7

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

1 minute ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Classic bottleneck, i5's are not good enough for BF1. To solve this issue you can do three things: 1. Overclock the CPU, 2. Make sure nothing is running in the background (ex. internet browser, steam, skype etc), 3. upgrade the CPU to an i7

Okay, are they gonna fix it soon? And what i7 should i buy if they wont?

3 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

How is it a CPU bottleneck if the CPU isnt even maxed out?

Winning an argument with a woman step by step

step one - talk to her

step two - fight with her for 2 hours even if you are really right

step three - admit that she is right for the sake of your safety

step four - realize that you have accomplished nothing and she still thinks you were wrong and now she thinks you are even more stupid

GTX1080ti, I5-4690k, ASUS Z97 PRO-GAMER, 8GB DDR3 1600mhz, Hyper 212 EVO, Tt view 31 RGB.

2 minutes ago, Disketa said:

Okay, are they gonna fix it soon? And what i7 should i buy if they wont?

I don't think it's going to be ever fixed. It's a good game that runs well, it's just CPU demanding (the multiplayer mode). i5's are not "good enough" for highest-end gaming anymore, so cheapest upgrade is the i7-4790K as you wouldn't have to upgrade the motherboard and RAM as well and this would solve the issue.

You could also try running the game upscaled with Nvidia DSR to 2560x1440p resolution, this should lower the impact on the CPU but the FPS would drop quite a bit if you did that.

1 minute ago, henkka_scorpio said:

How is it a CPU bottleneck if the CPU isnt even maxed out?

Read first. It means it's at 100% all the time, and I've seen this already as one of the users recently recorded a video using an i5-4670K + GTX 1060 showing the exact same thing in his setup in BF1.

Go to reddit again.

Google reddit bf1 cpu usage

Many threads will pop up with suggestions. Many of them.

Better to look where people are already talking.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

1 minute ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Read first. It means it's at 100% all the time, and I've seen this already as one of the users recently recorded a video using an i5-4670K + GTX 1060 showing the exact same thing in his setup in BF1.

Oops, dont know how I didnt see that not word... my bad :D

Winning an argument with a woman step by step

step one - talk to her

step two - fight with her for 2 hours even if you are really right

step three - admit that she is right for the sake of your safety

step four - realize that you have accomplished nothing and she still thinks you were wrong and now she thinks you are even more stupid

GTX1080ti, I5-4690k, ASUS Z97 PRO-GAMER, 8GB DDR3 1600mhz, Hyper 212 EVO, Tt view 31 RGB.

1 minute ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Go to reddit again.

Google reddit bf1 cpu usage

Many threads will pop up with suggestions. Many of them.

Better to look where people are already talking.

Yeah tried a lot of things, unparking the cpu overclocking, etc.

Just now, Disketa said:

Yeah tried a lot of things, unparking the cpu overclocking, etc.

How high is your CPU OC'd? Run Task Manager when playing BF1 to check whether you've got any processes running in the background that eat the CPU power during gaming.

12 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

How high is your CPU OC'd? Run Task Manager when playing BF1 to check whether you've got any processes running in the background that eat the CPU power during gaming.

it goes up to 4.4 Ghz, at least cpuid hw monitor says that

Just now, Disketa said:

it goes up to 4.4 Ghz, at least cpuid hw monitor says that

If you've got the thermal and voltage headroom, I'd try to push it further to minimize the bottleneck.

2 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

If you've got the thermal and voltage headroom, I'd try to push it further to minimize the bottleneck.

So i have to increase the Voltage, right?

Just now, Disketa said:

So i have to increase the Voltage, right?

Read guides on overclocking. In a short way you need to bump up the multiplier and voltage if you're within safe limits thermally-wise (in terms of cooling, whether your cooler keeps the CPU cool enough), and voltage-wise (Do not go over 1,4V)

10 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Read guides on overclocking. In a short way you need to bump up the multiplier and voltage if you're within safe limits thermally-wise (in terms of cooling, whether your cooler keeps the CPU cool enough), and voltage-wise (Do not go over 1,4V)

They say my Motherboard (B85M-Gamer) cannot overclock, but how does my cpu jump to 4400Mhz when default is 3500Mhz

Výstřižek.PNG

13 minutes ago, Disketa said:

They say my Motherboard (B85M-Gamer) cannot overclock, but how does my cpu jump to 4400Mhz when default is 3500Mhz

Výstřižek.PNG

I'm not entirely sure. Some B85/H97 boards allow for some overclocking, so it might be that. Go into your BIOS and check out the settings. Next time, buy a "K"-series CPU with a Z-series chipset motherboard, otherwise there's no point in doing that.

if that trend continues...DX12 is trash...beautiful games are getting very very taxing on everything...CPU threads...RAM speed and RAM usage etc...i think if that trend continues at the same time next year i'll be looking into retiring my i7-4770K and upgrade to something more substantial like maybe an hexacore skylake-X or coffelake or whatever the shit they have out at the time. :(

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Ok, i just fixed the issue by turning off Chrome while playing, now it doesnt get worse than 55fps in action

9 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

if that trend continues...DX12 is trash...beautiful games are getting very very taxing on everything...CPU threads...RAM speed and RAM usage etc...i think if that trend continues at the same time next year i'll be looking into retiring my i7-4770K and upgrade to something more substantial like maybe an hexacore skylake-X or coffelake or whatever the shit they have out at the time. :(

It's not trash, it's just widely misunderstood. It's supposed to reduce CPU overhead and improve parallelization. Nvidia somehow managed to achieve this with DX11, but AMD has high CPU overhead under DX11, and DX12 seems to really improve performance for them.

So it works. Without optimization done in Nvidia driver and without DX12 for AMD, performance would be even worse. Much worse. So of course, you still need a powerful CPU. DX12 can't help with processing game logic, AI, physics, etc.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz