Noob question, how do i install sata to my pc?

xmodex

Building a new pc and im gonna buy this 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0151KM6F0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_10?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Now do i need to buy some cable to connect it, or the motherboard has all the cables included how do i know?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015FY4HLS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Your motherboard will come with some sata data cables and your power supply should have sata power. 

Magical Pineapples

2 minutes ago, xmodex said:

Building a new pc and im gonna buy this 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0151KM6F0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_10?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Now do i need to buy some cable to connect it, or the motherboard has all the cables included how do i know?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015FY4HLS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Yep! The MOBO will include the SATA cables used to connect the HDD to the MOBO. But, you'll need to make sure you have the PSU cable for the HDD power.

You need a Sata III(3) cable to connect it to the motherboard, and sata power which should be on your PSU.

Data
Image result for sata data cable

Power 
Image result for sata power cable

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

14 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

You need a Sata III(3) cable to connect it to the motherboard

No such thing as a SATA III cable. It's just a SATA cable.

4 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

No such thing as a SATA III cable. It's just a SATA cable.

I hadn't realised i put that :P i did an amazon search for sata cable, was going to get him a link for what he'd need and saw the first item as "SATA III Cable, CableCreation [2-Pack]" 

I guess i typed what i'd read, derp.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

So

Step 1: I connect hard drive to the motherboard

Step 2. Connect cable from motherboard to the psu?

Is that all i need to do?

Im gonna buy this psu https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01AHRQW5W/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Do you recon it will have the all the cables included that i would require?

20 minutes ago, rf9661 said:

Yep! The MOBO will include the SATA cables used to connect the HDD to the MOBO. But, you'll need to make sure you have the PSU cable for the HDD power.

Wait so i need to connect hard drive to mobo and then hard drive to the psu for power?

Connecting twice am i getting this right?

There only SATA cable that it. But find out where the SATA 3 ports are on your motherboard and run the cable from the SDD to the SATA 3 port. 

12 minutes ago, xmodex said:

Wait so i need to connect hard drive to mobo and then hard drive to the psu for power?

yes one for data and one for power. data cable goes to motherboard. power from PSU

this might help

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCxd7caI5jy5q5jXYAarN

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

21 minutes ago, xmodex said:

Yep