First build.

Sagnik

I was looking up PSUs for my new pc and came across corsair's cs650m. It's modular and has the 24 pin connector and a 8 pin CPU connector permanently fixed with the unit. however there are 2 modular sockets labeled PCI connector(which I know will be for my gpu) and another 4+4 CPU connector. The psu advertises supporting multi gpu build so I'm guessing this 4+4 CPU connector doubles as the second PCI connector. Am I right?! I will buy a second gpu later so I really want to clear up all confusion lest I have to buy another psu again.

1 hour ago, TheRandomness said:

Bad PSU in the first place. A CX550M would be better. Also, what GPU? And no, you can't use the CPU power cable for the GPU. 

Looked up cx550m. It has one 8pin connector labeled both PCI connector and 4+4 CPU connector compared to cs650m's 2 8pin connectors.

1 minute ago, Sagnik said:

Looked up cx550m. It has one 8pin connector labeled both PCI connector and 4+4 CPU connector compared to cs650m's 2 8pin connectors.

What GPUs are you planning to use/add?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

The CS650M isn't a bad PSU, but often enough you can find something better for the price.

Also, don't be confused with the labels on the modular interface of the PSU. Since both the 6/8 pin PEG connectors and 4+4 pin CPU connector uses +12V and ground wires, it was set up that you can plugged both the cables into that port to save space; however, the pin-out on the component side (the one that you plug into your components) are different. You cannot used a 4+4 CPU connector for your GPU and vice versa.

As for the numbers of 6 / 8 pin PEG connectors on the CS650M, there's four. Two connectors per cable, so it can power two GPUs in SLI / CFX configuration. But like I have said, there are likely better options to buy. Can you provide a link to stores you can buy from, your budget, the specs that it will be powering and potential upgrades.

5 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

Bad PSU in the first place. A CX550M would be better. Also, what GPU? And no, you can't use the CPU power cable for the GPU. 

Not really but it's utter garbage in terms of value.

5 hours ago, Sagnik said:

I was looking up PSUs for my new pc and came across corsair's cs650m. It's modular and has the 24 pin connector and a 8 pin CPU connector permanently fixed with the unit. however there are 2 modular sockets labeled PCI connector(which I know will be for my gpu) and another 4+4 CPU connector. The psu advertises supporting multi gpu build so I'm guessing this 4+4 CPU connector doubles as the second PCI connector. Am I right?! I will buy a second gpu later so I really want to clear up all confusion lest I have to buy another psu again.

An EVGA B2 750W sounds like it would clear up a lot of your problems :)

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

4 hours ago, quan289 said:

The CS650M isn't a bad PSU, but often enough you can find something better for the price.

Also, don't be confused with the labels on the modular interface of the PSU. Since both the 6/8 pin PEG connectors and 4+4 pin CPU connector uses +12V and ground wires, it was set up that you can plugged both the cables into that port to save space; however, the pin-out on the component side (the one that you plug into your components) are different. You cannot used a 4+4 CPU connector for your GPU and vice versa.

As for the numbers of 6 / 8 pin PEG connectors on the CS650M, there's four. Two connectors per cable, so it can power two GPUs in SLI / CFX configuration. But like I have said, there are likely better options to buy. Can you provide a link to stores you can buy from, your budget, the specs that it will be powering and potential upgrades.

http://mdcomputers.in is where I'm hoping I will buy most of my parts from. Their shop is located in my town and they provide parts in much cheaper prices compared to Amazon out here. Except for my gpu which is the only thing cheaper on Amazon as it will be shipped from us with minimal import cost. Actually I didn't know that one connect can power 2 gpus like USB connectors. As it is my very first build I have a lot of queries.

I previously looked into RM 450 and RM 550 and seasonic m12ii. But the former two is unavailable now from the store and they advised me to get RM 650 instead. But it's really stretching my budget so I looked for alternatives and came across cs650m. I'm looking for a good psu under 7k INR.

My build has MSI b150m mortar Mobo. I5 6500. Corsair vengeance 16gb ddr4 ram. Asus strix rog Rx 480 8g gaming oc. All packed inside corsair 400c. One SSD and one HDD. Budget 70k INR. Stretchable to 75k. Prices are inflated compared to other countries.

And thanx for clearing out the 4+4 pin query.

4 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

What GPUs are you planning to use/add?

Asus strix rog Rx 480 8g gaming oc.

10 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Not really but it's utter garbage in terms of value.

An EVGA B2 750W sounds like it would clear up a lot of your problems :)

EVGA is not readily available in my stupid country. If it was I would opted for those only. I know they are really good. But the few ones which are available on Amazon is way over my budget. Except EVGA 500 b1.

8 minutes ago, Sagnik said:

EVGA is not readily available in my stupid country. If it was I would opted for those only. I know they are really good. But the few ones which are available on Amazon is way over my budget. Except EVGA 500 b1.

Gotcha. What about Antec and Seasonic?

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

14 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Gotcha. What about Antec and Seasonic?

Yeah they are available. http://mdcomputers.in you can check here. They have their store in my town and I will be getting everything from there. I checked seasonic m12ii and s12g. I was hoping for m12ii coz it was full modular and super quiet. But then I saw rm 450 and rm 550. Went for that instead but the store clerk said there is no supply of either of them and instead go for the rm 650 but it was going way over my budget. So I came to cs650m from there. And now I'm here. xD I'm looking for a good psu under 7k INR. Amazon India is over priced here. The only thing I'm getting from amazon is my gpu coz it's thing that's cheaper than my store. Antec I have no idea.

4 minutes ago, Sagnik said:

Yeah they are available. http://mdcomputers.in you can check here. They have their store in my town and I will be getting everything from there. I checked seasonic m12ii and s12g. I was hoping for m12ii coz it was full modular and super quiet. But then I saw rm 450 and rm 550. Went for that instead but the store clerk said there is no supply of either of them and instead go for the rm 650 but it was going way over my budget. So I came to cs650m from there. And now I'm here. xD I'm looking for a good psu under 7k INR. Amazon India is over priced here. The only thing I'm getting from amazon is my gpu coz it's thing that's cheaper than my store. Antec I have no idea.

The Seasonic M12 and Antec HCG are basically identical bar the HCG being semi modular. I'd get the Antec if it's in your price range.

I looked up seasonic s12g. It's quite good. According to the tier list too.

Thanx guys will go for either seasonic s12g or antec true power.