Any room for improvement?

DaDelvi

Alright so I have an idea about a build. I'm getting the NZXT H440 Case with an MSI Z170A M5 Motherboard. That's a fact but everything else is just eyeballing what would be enough. I'm NOT going to be hardcore gaming but what I ultimately seek is "Speed" through the operating system (Windows 10) 

What are your thoughts on an 128gb SSD to boot and another 500gb to store whatever?

Is there any things that I don't need or could improve on? This is just to start and I can always upgrade over the years. 

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($190.89 @ OutletPC) 

CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 90.3 CFM CPU Cooler 

Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING M5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($149.88 @ OutletPC) 

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($164.99 @ B&H) 

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB GAMING X 3G Video Card  ($209.99 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Jet) 

Total: $890.73

When buying a non-overclockable CPU, you have no need for a Z170 chipset motherboard

Replace it with a B150 or a H110

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

Do you intended to overclock your CPU? If not, don't get that Z170A board and get a chaper B150 board and use the cooler included in the box. If you want to overclock get that i5 6600K.

Get a better PSU, the NEX G1 isn't so good, get a 550W G2 (you won't need 650W for a 1060, it's overkill).

Get the 6GB 1060, the 3GB won't last too long with its mere 3GB memory.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I figured I didn't need that much power which I understand. I don't intend on overclocking (yet) I'm not going to be hardcore gaming I probably will time to time. So then just buy an CPU that can be overclocked? And the reason for the ssd is there are 2 trays on the front in the window so aesthetically it would look nice. I would definitely use 1 but I figure to fill up the othe tray I could buy another one just for installing and booting the system.