Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis GTR - higher speed worth it?

http://hardwarelabs.com/products/nemesis-gtr/gtr-480/

We REV IT UP! The Black Ice® NEMESIS® GTR™ 480 takes performance to the red line and back with its new 4th generation core geometry. The GTR is optimized for high speed fans with large CFM's where noise is not of concern but ultimate performance is. These scalable radiators will offer the highest performance available and let you choose how powerful a fan you wish to use. If you want to push the cooling limit using the highest performance radiator in the market....choose the Black Ice® NEMESIS® GTR™!

ULTRA PERFORMANCE
• Increased internal coolant flow rates
• 15% more tubing area in the same Black Ice® NEMESIS® 480GTX® radiator

SUPERCRUISE™ Optimizations
• Noise optimized for 1000 RPM fans
• New Enhanced Supercruise™ optimizations for scalable performance for higher RPM fans.

16 FPI 4th GENERATION GT CORE
• 16 FPI 25 Micron 4th Generation Radical Geometry Copper Fins
• 15% more tubing area in the same Black Ice® NEMESIS® 480GTX® form factor

blackiceperformanceselectionguides.jpg

Based on all info, so are we talking more performance for same amount of space, in exchange for noise.

With most cases leaning towards smaller footprint, would the GTR allow us to still get the performance we are expecting from water cooling in less space? I mean, going with a 360+240 instead of having to try and cram in 2x 360 or more, might make case choice a lot easier.

Yes, 3000RPM fans would be loud, but with a good PWM setup so wont they run at those speeds unless needed.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

imo, no.  3000rpm is SO loud, it sounds like a vacuum cleaner. I can't imagine 5400rpm GTs.  Personally I don't care if it can cool a 5960x and 2x 980ti with a single 120mm, It'll never happen in my pc.  I tried the 3k rpm Vardar's a while back on a benching rig and that was a huge mistake, I could never get them low enough for my taste (with pwm)

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

8 minutes ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

imo, no.  3000rpm is SO loud, it sounds like a vacuum cleaner. I can't imagine 5400rpm GTs.  Personally I don't care if it can cool a 5960x and 2x 980ti with a single 120mm, It'll never happen in my pc.  I tried the 3k rpm Vardar's a while back on a benching rig and that was a huge mistake, I could never get them low enough for my taste (with pwm)

Hardware Labs says that there 120mm GTR should handle 500W worth of heat (at 3000RPM I assume), which is 50W more then there GTX lineup.

Dont sound like that much, but 100W more cooling in a case that can just support 240mm is a lot.

Also, I have used 3000RPM Ultra Kaze fans and they are not that loud with there 43dBA rating. Of course, with some proper planning so should they not need to run at 100%, but it can be nice to have the head room.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.