R9 290x on ga g31m es2l

Ado

Hi all, first of all, sorry for my BAD english, i hope u will understand what i am saying. Second, i have a big problem with my graphics card. I installed R9 290X in to Gigabyte GA-G31m-es2l rev 1.1 mb and i have no video signal at all. My PSU Chieftec GPS-700AB8. Before i installed that card in my mb, i tried this card with EVGA nforce 680i sli mb with the same PSU, and it works fine. Maybe mb is to old, to boot AMD card? BIOS version F10. Now i'm using HD 7850...

that's a power hungry card ... Can the psu supply enough AMP's through the 12v rail?

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

1 minute ago, Coaxialgamer said:

that's a power hungry card ... Can the psu supply enough AMP's through the 12v rail?

Not the fact that it's a power hungry card, it's just an extremely shitty PSU. @OP should get a new one.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Not the fact that it's a power hungry card, it's just an extremely shitty PSU. @OP should get a new one.

i agree on that , but it may be able to pull through considering it's 700w. But OP should consider that.

inb4 "cheaptec"

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Your power supply is probably close to blowing at this point. R9 290Xs like their juice, so you're going to need a beefy power supply, and something reliable so it doesn't overheat and burn your house down when too much is drawn off the 12v rail. 

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

6 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Your power supply is probably close to blowing at this point. R9 290Xs like their juice, so you're going to need a beefy power supply, and something reliable so it doesn't overheat and burn your house down when too much is drawn off the 12v rail. 

550W can easily run a 290 btw. It's most likely the fact that it's a shitty PSU though.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, TheRandomness said:

550W can easily run a 290 btw. It's most likely the fact that it's a shitt PSU though.

Indeed.

@Ado- when this card worked with your nforce motherboard, were you using the same power supply?

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

I will try with better PSU, thanks for now :)

I have tried my R9 290x in AM3 mb with PCIe-3 slot and card worked just fine. After that, i tried to boot this card with two MSI and Gigabyte 1155 socket mb with PCI-E 2.0 and nothing... For now i'm using GA-H61MA-D2V mb with latest bios... but that card won't work... damn... maybe this card is faulty?