Gigabyte or Asus for the gtx 1060 6gb

Sento

gigabyte because of the better aftermarket cooler however if you plan on fitting the gpu into a smaller case go for the asus card.

PC specs: Ryzen 7 1700 3.9GHZ OC, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz (running at 3066MHz),GTX 1080x2  (2050MHz core) https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/LNmtd6 ,  1. Laptop specs: i7 6700hq, 16GB DDR4 @2400MHz, GTX 1060 (MSI GS43VR 6RE Phantom Pro)

2 minutes ago, Sento said:

The gigabyte card would have better cooling, and I think lower noise levels (not sure). Are these the only two cards you are considering?

5 minutes ago, Sento said:

Only get a blower cooler for smaller or stuffy cases without much airflow. Why are you getting a 1060 anyway?

Any other better Gtx 1060?

Im not going for evga

Just get the cheapest 1060 since the difference are the temperature, noise and the aesthetic

19 minutes ago, Mi26 said:

Just get the cheapest 1060 since the difference are the temperature, noise and the aesthetic

just don't buy a 3GB GTX 1060

PC specs: Ryzen 7 1700 3.9GHZ OC, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz (running at 3066MHz),GTX 1080x2  (2050MHz core) https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/LNmtd6 ,  1. Laptop specs: i7 6700hq, 16GB DDR4 @2400MHz, GTX 1060 (MSI GS43VR 6RE Phantom Pro)

I think the gigabyte would do better, i mean look at it , it looks good, has a good cooler and it must perform well. On the other hand look at the asus, it looks like a piece of turd plus it's more expensive. If you want an ausu go for the strix. In your situation, i recommend the gigabyte