Not booting on first try

tahmidkhan123

So i've had a pretty interesting problem. My build is based around a hp tower that my family already had with solid specs, fx-8850 processor. I used the mobo and processor from that and basically got everything else new. For about 10 months, I had no problems until this would happen on every boot. The hp logo would come on, and instead of the windows 10 spinny  thing, it would just sit there indefinitely. Pressing the reset button would then repeat that except it would boot fully and I could log in and do my work. This has happened every single time since about February and being a busy student at the time, I paid little attention to it. It became part of my routine that everytime I would start up my tower, I'd wait a bit then press the reset button. Well i know im a little late but I would like to solve this issue. Reinstalling windows is something I want to avoid since I have a lot of programs and games on my hard drive that I can't re download with my monthly data cap... Unless you guys know of some ways to back up programs like solidworks, autodesk inventor, steam games....

You don't need to reinstall windows. Try booting from a Windows 10 disk/USB and select the 'Repair your computer' option in the bottom left corner.

See if that helps!

i7-9980x 4.20mhz - 19.8 terraflops of ram - 512mb GENERIC VIDEO_CARD - 20w PSU with hyperthreading. 

9 minutes ago, GoldSolitude said:

You don't need to reinstall windows. Try booting from a Windows 10 disk/USB and select the 'Repair your computer' option in the bottom left corner.

See if that helps!

And I won't lose any data? That sounds good

Just now, tahmidkhan123 said:

And I won't lose any data? That sounds good

You shouldn't lose any data from already installed programmes. All it should do is try to diagnose and solve any issues you may or may not have with booting your system.

i7-9980x 4.20mhz - 19.8 terraflops of ram - 512mb GENERIC VIDEO_CARD - 20w PSU with hyperthreading. 

19 minutes ago, tahmidkhan123 said:

Unless you guys know of some ways to back up programs like solidworks, autodesk inventor, steam games....

For Steam games you can save it just like it is on an external drive. For software they have registry keys due to activation locks, so you need to deactivate them to reinstall I think if you ever lost them. If they're newer then they're probably connected to an account though so it shouldn't be a hassle.