My First PC Build help please

Overview

Hey all I'm 19 years old, and after and long time I've finally been able to get myself a PC all the parts listed below I have a fixed budget and will be upgrading the PC will will all be noted. I'm not sure how its going to preform so if you could give me some help and let me know how it will preform running games such as Arma III, Miscreated, GTA V, and Battlefield 4 and 1. I also have a few other questions which are asked below.

PC Specs

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz (4.1 GHz Turbo) 6 core <--- Can someone shed some light on the 4.1 turbo part is this OC potential ??? 

GPU: GeForce GTX 1050 2GB <--- Chosen over the 750 ti, is there much a performance gap between these cards ???

RAM: 8GB (1x8GB) 1866MHz Kingston DDR3 Memory <--- will be upgraded to 2x8GB once i have the cash !

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 <--- is there much comparability with this motherboard if i move to a 1060 in the future or need a new motherboard also ???

Power Supply: 500w Aerocool Integrator or similar...

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5 SATA III

Cooling: AMD CPU Cooler (600- 2400RPM)

SSD: None <--- will be getting a AMD R3 240GB once i have the extra cash !

CD/DVD: None <--- Are they really needed ???

Any help below is much appreciated and let me know what you think of this build yourself or if your thinking of getting the same setup as i am if you are let me know, Also a big thanks for giving me your time and effort its much appreciated !! 

Whats your budget? or is this parts you've already bought..

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Get a i3 6100, there isn't much you can upgrade to from the FX 6300.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

8 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Get a i3 6100, there isn't much you can upgrade to from the FX 6300.

Stats:

AMD FX-6300              i3-6100

4.1GHz                        3.7

6 Core                         2

Just now, Krause said:

Stats:

AMD FX-6300

?

Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, Castdeath97 said:

?

sorry meant to post this 

Stats:

2 minutes ago, Krause said:

Stats:

That means nothing. http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-6100-vs-AMD-FX-6300/3511vs1555
Thats based on real benchmarks, the i3 is much better overall, and only 8% worse in multi-core performance.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

sorry meant to post this 

Stats:

The i3 had 4 thread, but regardless this recent post from @Godlygamer23 comes to mind:

Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, Krause said:

sorry meant to post this 

Stats:

Doesn't matter. AMD cores are trash. Intel CPUs, even dual-core hyper threaded ones, perform much better than AMD ones in games.

PCPartPicker part list: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/BjmYLD
Price breakdown by merchant: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/BjmYLD/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  (€114.10 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: ASRock H110M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€53.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (€39.59 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€65.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€54.17 @ Mindfactory) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Phoenix Video Card  (€160.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case: BitFenix Nova ATX Mid Tower Case  (€39.81 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (€49.44 @ Mindfactory) 
Other: Windows 10 (80-100) (€80.00)
Total: €658.08
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-17 00:10 CET+0100

You can lower the price by using unactivated WIndows 10 (free) or get a key from Kinguin (~30). If you do this get a 1060 3GB and a i5 6400 with the saved money.

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

Stats:

The thing is that these numbers don't do it justice.

The i3 not only has hyperthreading (really useful), but it also has a higher IPC (instructions per clock, meaning more stuff can be done per clock cycle). 

Furthermore the AMD FX has bascially no upgrade path and is now relying on a really old chipset. 

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

6 minutes ago, Krause said:

sorry meant to post this 

Stats:

But the i3 6100 even with 2 cores will give you more performance and you can upgrade in the future if you buy a fx6300 you will not be able to upgrade without changing the motherboard and ram

ah i see that mistake from current distrubiters here the price will go up to 690 range which i havnt got atm but is it better to wait it out? and from videos i have seen there was a small difference in fps as the pc will solely be for gaming i know that it will be harder to upgrade in the future also by getting the FX series and thanks for letting me know this! ill see what i can do about getting the i3-6100

Howdy pardner!

Yeah your 2 PCIe  2.0 slots will allow a 1060. Funny you are using a green card with your all red board. =P Of note... You would want PCIe 3.0. The bandwidth between the two generations is relatively large and that means faster data transfer between components such as your memory and CPU. Personally would want 3.0 slots.

Can't get an intel processor, dont listen to the kids in here saying you need an i3, cant support it.

2x4 GB of RAM is better than one stick of 8GB RAM. DUAL CHANNEL! Although I see your point of upgrading to another 8 GB stick. I'd stick with your 8GB stick.

No need for a CD/DVD bay but it is nice to make disks with. Some people like to use Blu Ray. You'll need a USB stick for your OS. No big deal if its Windows. I use a disk drive for other peoples troubleshooting problems, never need disks for me. USB sticks present serious security concerns for lots of people and companies. Personal preference anymore these days.

Personally, I would get a SSD first than a HDD. The difference in speeds oh my!

2 minutes ago, Pyrotechnika said:

Howdy pardner!

Yeah your 2 PCIe  2.0 slots will allow a 1060. Funny you are using a green card with your all red board. =P Of note... You would want PCIe 3.0. The bandwidth between the two generations is relatively large and that means faster data transfer between components such as your memory and CPU. Personally would want 3.0 slots.

Can't get an intel processor, dont listen to the kids in here saying you need an i3, cant support it.

2x4 GB of RAM is better than one stick of 8GB RAM. DUAL CHANNEL! Although I see your point of upgrading to another 8 GB stick. I'd stick with your 8GB stick.

No need for a CD/DVD bay but it is nice to make disks with. Some people like to use Blu Ray. You'll need a USB stick for your OS. No big deal if its Windows. I use a disk drive for other peoples troubleshooting problems, never need disks for me. USB sticks present serious security concerns for lots of people and companies. Personal preference anymore these days.

Thanks very much pal and yeah i wanted to get the SSD first but have to transfer lots of data from old PC onto it which sucks and i wanted to try stay away from the i3 since its really i5 or nothing in my opinion but don't have the cash for the i5 skylake and to get all the parts with it, and yes i know red and green together is a no no but the performance from the 1050 to the 1060 is meant to be pretty big so some tape or spray over it in red?

5 minutes ago, Pyrotechnika said:

Howdy pardner!

They were not saying to add an i3 into his build. @Shiv78 recommended a different build for the i3 so it would be supported. This new build also sports both a SSD and a HDD.

4 minutes ago, Krause said:

Thanks very much pal and yeah i wanted to get the SSD first but have to transfer lots of data from old PC onto it which sucks and i wanted to try stay away from the i3 since its really i5 or nothing in my opinion but don't have the cash for the i5 skylake and to get all the parts with it, and yes i know red and green together is a no no but the performance from the 1050 to the 1060 is meant to be pretty big so some tape or spray over it in red?

i3 is still a very great cpu. Don't get hung up on i5 or nothing :P

1 minute ago, Eclipse_ said:

very hard not too!! haha

Haha! Painting a graphics card would be pretty rad just be careful, Luke on LTT has a vid on it. My friend has a red 1070 and I think it looks pretty neat.

Why don't you just migrate your old HDD to your new PC and save yourself from the data transfer lyfe?

If you could save up some money for your processor of choice it would be better in the end. You'd save money because upgrading a motherboard and processor is really expensive. Honestly, its up to you. Christmas is around the corner, maybe you can sucker someone into getting one for you or finding a sick deal!

2 minutes ago, Eclipse_ said:

ive seen online people generally getting more fps in games like battlefield 4 on the AMD over an i3

5 minutes ago, Eclipse_ said:

They were not saying to add an i3 into his build. @Shiv78 recommended a different build for the i3 so it would be supported. This new build also sports both a SSD and a HDD.

Ah thanks for the clarification. I also agree.

14 minutes ago, Krause said:

Nvidia cards are not literally green, its "green team" because Nvidia's logo is green. Lol.

My build has both an SSD and HDD, a better GPU, better CPU... no need for FX.

In case you don't want to just take my word for it, listen to the last 30 seconds of this or the whole thing if you want:

**edited, someone else addressed my first point.

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

I dont want to change my specs but just looking for someone who can tell me how its going to run thanks for all the support so far your all great

19 hours ago, Krause said:

I dont want to change my specs but just looking for someone who can tell me how its going to run thanks for all the support so far your all great

It'll run most games OK at 1080p medium to high settings. That CPU and the 2 gigs of VRAM will throttle you massively.

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN: