Friend is sending me his GTX 770 2gb, what can I expect?

Brian McKee

Hi as the title says I'm getting a GTX 770 2gb from a friend as an upgrade to my HD 6850, what performance can I expect out of this in terms of modern titles? I ask because not many people are running good benchmarks anymore for such an old card and I'm unfamiliar with Kepler.

I had a 760 and got around 20fps - 30 fps on AAA titles

770 packs the power of a GTX 960 so it still is a pretty good card if you are getting it for free 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

Just now, glitchmaster0001 said:

770 packs the power of a GTX 960 so it still is a pretty good card if you are getting it for free 

Yeah I'm paying for shipping plus a lil extra because he's a bro <3

Depends on what games you're going to play. If it's anything from, say, a year ago or older, it will probably run quite well at 1080p if you find the right combination of settings. I do cringe a bit at the thought of trying to play Deus Ex Mankind Divided or Dishonored 2 on such a card, though. But it is vastly more powerful than an old HD 6850.

The two worst games I ever played on my GTX 770 were The Witcher 3 and Rise of the Tomb Raider. I had serious trouble getting TW3 over 45-55 FPS, though I was a bit stubborn about certain settings. I could keep Rise at 50-60 with a bizarre mix of settings ranging from Off to High. Nearly anything less demanding than those, I was able to play comfortably at high/max settings. Though keep in mind I had the 4 GB version of the 770.

I have 2X 670's. Even a single one performs well on any AAA titles from more than 2 years ago. Current titles I have to turn the settings down a little depending on resolution and title. You can expect slightly better results from a 770.

When in doubt, re-format.

15 minutes ago, Brian McKee said:

Hi as the title says I'm getting a GTX 770 2gb from a friend as an upgrade to my HD 6850, what performance can I expect out of this in terms of modern titles? I ask because not many people are running good benchmarks anymore for such an old card and I'm unfamiliar with Kepler.

gtx 770 30-60fps on high using v-sync pretty good gpu

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB