Gears Of War 4 Xbox Live Log-In?!?!?!?!!!? OMG!

Kebab

Downloaded Gears Of War 4 through Microsoft Store (Nvidia Code).

Installed Game.

Starting Game.

Make it to the Start-Screen.

Press Enter.

Error Message: Log in to Xbox Live account failed.

And I have no clue why or how I can change that. Tried it several times trough the last few hours with constant bad results. I don't know if my microsoft account also accounts for Xbox Live, I do not know if I even have a xbox live account. What is going on, microsoft?!

Desperate. Please Help.

You need an xbox account. Open the Xbox app and login with your microsoft account. Then see if you can launch it from the xbox app

Darn because I got the same code for my GPU as well but not redeemed it yet. I hope it not too much trouble. 

I recommend selling your code. it is a pain in the butt to download (60GB) and install the game (install size 80gb + you need to install microsoft store and probably even the xbox app). and then some online stuff from xbox is down and you can't even play it.

also you can't link it to steam cause windows prohibits you from access to the installation folder, therefore the launch.exe.

I knew it be a pain in the butt to do. Hopefully the Watch Dogs 2 Promo Game Code  that I got with my SSD is easier

20 minutes ago, Kumaresh said:

Why is Microsoft making it such a pain in the ass to access their XBOX titles on PC like Forza Horizon 3 and Gears Of War 4 ? Making it compulsory to buy it and download it through the windows store and link it to your Microsoft account.... Almost everybody I know has opted for a local account instead of creating a Microsoft account during a windows installation and I think that is going to be true for a major chunk of the people. And compulsory Windows 10 anniversary edition updates for the game to work......

Can a local account work with the promo because I may go that route as well