Gpu Fans not spinning after start up?

player 3
Go to solution Solved by dave909904,
2 minutes ago, player 3 said:

hello i just noticed that my gpy fans spin once i turn my pc on but turn off once its booted up and the only way to turn them back on is if i have msi afterburner open. im just curious is this some setting in my bios to try save power ? or is it a bug with windows or the driver or what? please let me know

Many modern graphics cards will shut down their fans until they reach a certain temperature to keep silent and increase life span. The fans spin on start up due to the GPU's BIOS not having started yet.

hello i just noticed that my gpy fans spin once i turn my pc on but turn off once its booted up and the only way to turn them back on is if i have msi afterburner open. im just curious is this some setting in my bios to try save power ? or is it a bug with windows or the driver or what? please let me know

2 minutes ago, player 3 said:

Many modern graphics cards will shut down their fans until they reach a certain temperature to keep silent and increase life span. The fans spin on start up due to the GPU's BIOS not having started yet.

This is normal, when the gpu isn't being used or is under x degrees, the fans stay off.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

10 minutes ago, dave909904 said:

ohh ive never noticed this before but thanks for telling