Increase volume for speakers and earphones on Android?

Camsung

I have just completed a software mod that took 30 minutes, in order to increase the amount of volume steps and give me finer control over the volume level of my phone. However, the volume is STILL too soft overall and I have to turn it to 80% just to make it audible with my Sony headphones. Is there a way to increase volume on android? I am open to flashing a custom kernel if someone can recommend a good one:)

Software can't help if the hardware isn't enough to power the headphones. I think you'll need a headphone amp like the Fiio E6.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Software can't help if the hardware isn't enough to power the headphones. I think you'll need a headphone amp like the Fiio E6.

Would that be bulky to carry around for portable music listening like on the bus?

Would that be bulky to carry around for portable music listening like on the bus?

It's not that big, here's a picture of the Fiio E6

ULIFE045200_01_L.jpg

ULIFE045200_01_L.jpg

Its still one extra component to carry around :P I'll get one if its cheap but is there really no software hack?

Its still one extra component to carry around :P I'll get one if its cheap but is there really no software hack?

No, it's not blocked or limited by software. Your phone audio hardware is unsufficient, you can't download an app that will magically improve that unfortunetly

ULIFE045200_01_L.jpg

this picture is a damn comedy in itself.

It was just to give an idea of the size :P

I know it's to show the product alone but I can't help but get flustered 

Error: 410

No, it's not blocked or limited by software. Your phone audio hardware is unsufficient, you can't download an app that will magically improve that unfortunetly

I heard of this app called volume +, but my friend said it didn't do much

Nope. Software isn't everything, and it won't help a hardware issue. Any "app" that does such boosts the audio in lieu of quality, making the sound quality terrible and distorted. Get a headphone amp, like the FiiO E6 or similar.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Nope. Software isn't everything, and it won't help a hardware issue. Any "app" that does such boosts the audio in lieu of quality, making the sound quality terrible and distorted. Get a headphone amp, like the FiiO E6 or similar.

What is the absolute most portable headphones amplifier I can get? And also, does a headphone amp improve sound quality as well as volume, or just volume?

What is the absolute most portable headphones amplifier I can get? And also, does a headphone amp improve sound quality as well as volume, or just volume?

A headphone amp does what is implied. Amplifies the audio without suffering distortion. With a headphone amp, you shouldn't be thinking about just size, but quality as well, as a crappy, small one won't get you anywhere.

The FiiO E5 is good. About the size of an iPod Shuffle and works nicely.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

A headphone amp does what is implied. Amplifies the audio without suffering distortion. With a headphone amp, you shouldn't be thinking about just size, but quality as well, as a crappy, small one won't get you anywhere.

The FiiO E5 is good. About the size of an iPod Shuffle and works nicely.

Could I simply go into Poweramp and slide my preamp all the way up? I just did that and there is a definite increase in volume already