Canon t6i or Canon 70D?

I will be using it for mainly Video but I would like some advice.

Thanks Guys!

-removed-

2 minutes ago, tadhg said:

I will be using it for mainly Video but I would like some advice.

Thanks Guys!

If it's mainly for video, between these two cameras there may not be a big difference.  Have you also considered other camera brands/models or even proper video cameras?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

I have consitered various other brands but I seem to enjoy the experiance of Canon the most.

When I say video I mean vlogging type stuff, trust me, i wish i had an actual video camera.

-removed-

20 minutes ago, tadhg said:

I have consitered various other brands but I seem to enjoy the experiance of Canon the most.

When I say video I mean vlogging type stuff, trust me, i wish i had an actual video camera.

I was thinking of camcorders, they'll be easier to use for video than DSLRs.  If you like Canon, go ahead.  I'm just saying that the video capability between those two cameras you mentioned are not going to be significantly different.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

33 minutes ago, tadhg said:

if you are wanting more of a vloging camera, id go with somthing like a sony rx100mkiv. Great quality while being very compact. A dslr isnt the best choice for a vloging camera mainly due to the bulk.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

The 70D will have better 'Live View' focusing, both can use the touch screen to focus when recording videos but the system in the 70D is much much better. The body is also built to a higher standard and it has a degree of weather sealing, pair it with a weather sealed lens and you'll have something that can survive a bit more than the entry bodies.

But what others have said is true. I would consider a compact from Sony or Panasonic if video is all you're after. The Canon will have durability and battery life on its side but you'll have something bigger and heavier. 

The 18-55mm stm kit lens might be alright but if you're vlogging you might want to look at the 10-18mm stm lens, it'll be a lot wider and will give you room to breathe when filming yourself. 

I'd go for the 70D, but buy it used on amazon!

The 70D has the slight edge on video and is better by a large margin for stills. It's a good crossover camera for the price.

For lenses I'd recommend the canon 17-55 2.8, its a great all around standard zoom (buy it used on amazon too).

Edit: Make sure to use Linus's amazon link before buying ;)

Edited by mama_fluxus