Programming Procrastination

pompom15

So I procrastinate on learning how to code. Does anyone know how to get that motivation to program. I mean I want to code, but I only know basic stuff like variables, print, etc. But I want to learn more. Anyone know how I can get that motivation? Thanks.

print "Hello World"

Don't let your dreams be dreams.

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

11 minutes ago, Nicholatian said:

Struggle. I make money doing this and it’s not as easy as you may think getting motivation. Thing is though, I really enjoy learning how to code, but I struggle executing and writing + finishing projects.

i personally do back-end which is more frustrating logically, but front end - which is the html and css, is just more about repetition - if you want motivation, top database administrators earn 300 dollars AN HOUR

Just now, Nicholatian said:

At the moment I’m porting this PHP API to Node, which isn’t terribly difficult but when you work from home there are distractions galore. I’m glad that I don’t have to keep the public API though. ?

When it comes to motivation, it’s the application of the knowledge that I find tough. I don’t know if OP is the same though.

hahaha good luck - im just putting mysql onto a webapp using PHP - have fun and good luck 

2 minutes ago, Nicholatian said:

At the moment I’m porting this PHP API to Node, which isn’t terribly difficult but when you work from home there are distractions galore. I’m glad that I don’t have to keep the public API though. ?

When it comes to motivation, it’s the application of the knowledge that I find tough. I don’t know if OP is the same though.

are you mainly front end or back end or are you just BI

28 minutes ago, pompom15 said:

So I procrastinate on learning how to code. Does anyone know how to get that motivation to program. I mean I want to code, but I only know basic stuff like variables, print, etc. But I want to learn more. Anyone know how I can get that motivation? Thanks.

Open YouTube on whatever playlist you're looking at and turn on AutoPlay. Don't go anywhere and just watch the videos and follow along.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, Nicholatian said:

I don’t know a whole lot about frontend work, but I want to learn now that ES6 is mostly finished. Boss says there’s more work for me when I finish this job, so maybe I’ll end up doing some of that later on. ? How about you? ?

I want to use Handlebars with SCSS and plain JS with everything minified by the server.

for now, i work at a trucking company that's the largest canadian owned one, i mainly just update and maintain the servers software wise and create reports use devexpress

37 minutes ago, pompom15 said:

You could enroll in online courses. The deadlines for assignments and such could help keep you on a more consistent schedule. Here's two links with a list of courses

I got back into coding when I wanted to learn Unity.Been taking Java in school but bored as hell from the assignments. Since I got into unity I got more into coding and learned alot more from it. What got me motivated was through mini projects that helped teach me more about coding