Faint vertical lines when 75hz refresh rate on monitor

I have MP59G and it has exact the same issue on 75HZ on displayport. These vertical lines are noticeable on yellow, light blue color, barely but still. Leave the screen for 5-10s lines will disappear but when you switch to another tab then switch back, they appears again.

Reducing refresh rate to 60HZ fixes it. I guess it's the issue with these cheap overlocked monitor. No point to replace then.  

• 2 months later...

I have the same issues too lmao :/ I have the AOC 24V2Q. Razer thin monitor and Razer thin bezels. This montior is great the only downside is those VERTICAL LINES. I'm thinking of getting a Dell P2419H or perhaps even a Dell Ultrasharp. 

If anyone uses these Dell monitors please let me know whether those monitors have the vertical lines.

On 5/30/2020 at 4:03 AM, HairyChickens said:

I have the same issues too lmao :/ I have the AOC 24V2Q. Razer thin monitor and Razer thin bezels. This montior is great the only downside is those VERTICAL LINES. I'm thinking of getting a Dell P2419H or perhaps even a Dell Ultrasharp. 

If anyone uses these Dell monitors please let me know whether those monitors have the vertical lines.

I have a monitor dell se2419hr with the same vertical stripes problems. At 75 Hz, they are very striking. Even at 60 Hz, sometimes I notice, but they are less noticeable. Still sometimes my eyes ache or get tired because it is ips, maybe the reason is LED.

On 5/30/2020 at 3:03 AM, HairyChickens said:

I recently bought two Dell P2719H monitors and you can probably guess why I found this thread. Dell's 1080p IPS panels seem to have the same issues and apart from dropping the refresh rate all the way down to 50Hz, nothing has helped. What makes it even worse is that I use them for work and anything blue or orange look like junk. At least I now know that it is a wide spread issue and that I won't be buying IPS panels in the future. At least not cheap ones.

5 hours ago, MalJannie said:

I recently bought two Dell P2719H monitors and you can probably guess why I found this thread. Dell's 1080p IPS panels seem to have the same issues and apart from dropping the refresh rate all the way down to 50Hz, nothing has helped. What makes it even worse is that I use them for work and anything blue or orange look like junk. At least I now know that it is a wide spread issue and that I won't be buying IPS panels in the future. At least not cheap ones.

Huh I'd thought that Dell wouldn't have this problem. Thanks for letting me know. I'll take that into consideration when buying my next monitor.

• 2 months later...

Hi! I just bought LG MN430M-B 22 inches 75 hertz monitor, and voila it has the same issue like everyone else has. To me it's very clear now that the replacement is not gonna work, and I will only have to get used to this. In short, avoid buying cheap LG IPS monitors. I was all set for a VA panel but the ghosting was a big turn off for me because I play games.

• 1 month later...
On 5/30/2020 at 11:03 AM, HairyChickens said:

I bought two of the AOC 24V2Q monitors about a year ago. I've noticed the vertical line artefacts on both of my monitors, but more on one than the other. On one monitor, if I reduce the refresh rate from 75Hz to 60Hz, the lines completely disappear and everything looks pretty good. On the other monitor, the vertical lines are a fair bit more noticeable, and reducing refresh rate helps, but the lines are still pretty obvious, even at 60Hz.

I agree with others saying that AOC is probably just squeezing the panel to get up to 75Hz out of them. Before buying these monitors I wasn't even aware that "overclocking" was even a thing for monitors. At the very least, these panels should manage the very standard 60Hz without these artefacts. It's horribly obvious when looking at solid blues and oranges as the OP pointed out, and given my code editor syntax highlighting is very rich with blues and yellows, text looks absolutely terrible as well.

I'm very disappointed, because on the surface, these are excellent monitors for the price. And now they are past their warranty and I'm going to have to buy some new ones shortly since this issue doesn't appear to be resolvable.

• 2 months later...

Just came here to say that I'm experiencing this with an Acer SB230 Bbix monitor. It's amazing that this monitor has 20,000 reviews on amazon and only 1 reviewer has identified this flaw.

• 6 months later...

Hi, everyone!

I am experiencing this problem as well. My monitors, however, are two Acer KA242Y monitors. On them, certain colours, such as blue, yellow (in addition to other colours as well) have vertical lines on them.

At first, I didn't know if this was an issue or not (and I am still wondering about that). Almost none of the reviews I read about them (from the place I bought it), had anything negative to say about them. I started to think that my monitors had some defects, but I still wasn't sure. I also started to believe that they were suppose to be this way. However, none of the other monitors I tried around that time, had this issue. Now, seeing that there are other people experiencing the same problem as me, it seems that it might be an issue after all.

After experimenting with the monitors, I found out that the lines disappear after adjusting the frequency of them to 50 Hz or under. The problem, however, is that it becomes really uncomfortable to use the monitors at this frequency. I don't want to use a monitors under 60 Hz. 60 Hz has to be the minimum frequency. Anything lower than that, isn't acceptable.

I am wondering whether the problem lines with the panels of the monitors. It might be that the bad quality of the panels is causing this issue. However, there might be other reasons as well. Another theory I had, was that the monitors was a 50/60 Hz monitor, which had been overclocked to 75 Hz. This, however, might be implausible, since then the specifications of the monitors would have said so if they were, because of legal reasons, etc.

Overall, the monitors are decent. Everything about them, is mostly fine. I also like they physical design. They everything I want, for a cheap price.

Anyways, I am glad that I am not alone in this.

• 11 months later...

So the year is 2022 & the great saga continues...This time with Acer HA220Q. Tried hours of experimenting with CRU, end result is theres no fix. It must be a technical fault. At 75hz most Blue & Orange shades show vertical stripes visibly annoying even at 3 ft. When refresh rate is dropped to 60hz, about 25% of stripes still remain but become visibly indistinguishable from 2 feet distance which is better than worst because that should be the minimum distance between monitor & eye. Dropping to 50hz eliminates all stripes but becomes laggy. Also Overdrive or Freesync has no effect on this. Surprisingly all other colors are crisp & better than my previous Samsung VA monitor. Bear in mind that HA220Q is probably the regional variance of SB220Q since the only physical difference is their stand design. Only a few customer reported the issue in Amazon user reviews for both monitors, so be aware of them! I cannot totally blame Acer. They indeed mentioned 1080p 60hz in product specification, not 75hz. Its the user & tech reviewers that influenced the monitor as 75hz compatible & never mentioned the issue with it! However it feels good to know that there are other pricier options people mentioned in this thread that I considered before buying this also suffers from the issue... 

IMG_20220617_201507.jpg

• 2 months later...

HOLY shit!! I have been having this issue since forever. Thought it was my eyes. This is why im sceptical in buying the LG 27GP850. My 24MP59G has the same thing.

• 4 months later...
On 9/18/2022 at 3:29 PM, DisposedChips71 said:

HOLY shit!! I have been having this issue since forever. Thought it was my eyes. This is why im sceptical in buying the LG 27GP850. My 24MP59G has the same thing.

Can you tell me your PC configaration?

I've LG 22MO68VQ, and have same issue. Already replaced the panel, but nothing happened.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, same issue on the LG MK600M-B, but i replaced it and the new one is not affected. I noticed that the issue can be caused by the excessive noise dithering since they are fake 8 bit 75hz monitors, they are 6 bit + FRC. I tried many 144hz and 120hz IPS monitors and i never noticed this issue, but they also had static dithering.

So, at least on my case, all is based on lucky and how the panel is manufactured, i have an HP 27F monitor and there is no vertical linees at all, but i tried another 27F recently and it have the issue on blue colors, but not so strong as the LG. So all is based on lucky i guess.

ps: changing from 75 to 60 decrease a bit the issue but is still noticeable.

When using 240hz, my Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 also experienced this issue. When set to 120hz, the problem is resolved. Mine is horizontal line.

As a result, I suspect that DSC is also to blame for this problem.

Some reviewers claimed that this also happened to the Samsung Odyssey Neo G9, but my Neo G9 had no such problem; only the Neo G8 had this problem.

20230130_000645.thumb.jpg.9f7147fdee0ddeb9d2f549c82de34166.jpg

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC 24G, X570 AORUS Elite WIFI Motherboard, HyperX FURY 32GB DDR4-3200 RGB RAM, Creative Sound Blaster AE-9 Sound Card, Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 SATA 500GB, ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro M.2 SATA 2TB, Asus HyperX Fury RGB SSD 960GB, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 3.5 HDD 2TB, Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML240R ARGB, Cooler Master MASTERFAN MF120R ARGB, Cooler Master ELV8 Graphics Card Holder ARGB, Asus ROG Strix 1000G PSU, Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH RGB Case, Windows 11 Pro (22H2).

Laptop: Asus Vivobook "A Bathing Ape" - ASUS Vivobook S 15 OLED BAPE Edition: Intel i9-13900H, 16 GB RAM, 15.6" 2.8K 120hz OLED | Apple MacBook Pro 14" 2023: M2 Pro, 16 GB RAM, NVMe 512 GB | Asus VivoBook 15 OLED: Intel® Core™ i3-1125G4, Intel UHD, 8 GB RAM, Micron NVMe 512 GB | Illegear Z5 SKYLAKE: Intel Core i7-6700HQ, Nvidia Geforce GTX 970M, 16 GB RAM, ADATA SU800 M.2 SATA 512GB.

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey OLED G9 49" 5120x1440 240hz QD-OLED HDR, LG OLED Flex 42LX3QPSA 41.5" 3840x2160 bendable 120hz WOLED, AOC 24G2SP 24" 1920x1080 165hz SDR, LG UltraGear Gaming Monitor 34" 34GN850 3440x1440 144hz (160hz OC) NanoIPS HDR, LG Ultrawide Gaming Monitor 34" 34UC79G 2560x1080 144hz IPS SDR, LG 24MK600 24" 1920x1080 75hz Freesync IPS SDR, BenQ EW2440ZH 24" 1920x1080 75hz VA SDR.

Input Device: Asus ROG Azoth Wireless Mechanical KeyboardAsus ROG Chakram X Origin Wireless MouseLogitech G913 Lightspeed Wireless RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Logitech G502X Wireless Mouse, Logitech G903 Lightspeed HERO Wireless Gaming Mouse, Logitech Pro X, Logitech MX Keys, Logitech MX Master 3, XBOX Wireless Controller Covert Forces Edition, Corsair K70 RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro SE Wireless Gaming Mouse, Logitech MK850 Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Combos.

Entertainment: LG 55" C9 OLED HDR Smart UHD TV with AI ThinQ®, 65" Samsung AU7000 4K UHD Smart TV, SONOS Beam (Gen 2) Dolby Atmos Soundbar, SONOS Sub Mini, SONOS Era 100 x2, SONOS Era 300 Dolby Atmos, Logitech G560 2.1 USB & Bluetooth Speaker, Logitech Z625 2.1 THX Speaker, Edifier M1370BT 2.1 Bluetooth Speaker, LG SK9Y 5.1.2 channel Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio SoundBar, Sony MDR-Z1R, Bang & Olufsen Beoplay EX, Sony WF-1000XM5, Sony WH-1000XM5, Sony WH-1000XM4, Apple AirPods Pro, Samsung Galaxy Buds2, Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019 edition), Apple TV 4K (2017 & 2021 Edition), Chromecast with Google TV, Sony UBP-X700 UltraHD Blu-ray, Panasonic DMP-UB400 UltraHD Blu-ray.

Mobile & Smart Watch: Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max (Natural Titanium), Apple Watch Series 8 Stainless Steel with Milanese Loop (Graphite).

Others Gadgets: Asus SBW-06D2X-U Blu-ray RW Drive, 70 TB Ext. HDD, j5create JVCU100 USB HD Webcam with 360° rotation, ZTE UONU F620, Maxis Fibre WiFi 6 Router, Fantech MPR800 Soft Cloth RGB Gaming Mousepad, Fantech Headset Headphone Stand AC3001S RGB Lighting Base Tower, Infiniteracer RGB Gaming Chair