Quad Core in sff?

Hey, so I am visiting my cousin during Christmas and i wanted to bring my desktop so we could play some games, but i have a full size desktop and it wont fit if im flying, so I have a dell optiplex 745 sff, the small kind with a laptop cd drive, and i was wondering if i am able to put a q9550 in it instead of the 3.2 ghz pentium d it has now.

2 minutes ago, MANIDY inc said:

if its the same socket yes 

Although, I heard something about the chipset not being able to accept quad cores

3 minutes ago, Crafterkid said:

Although, I heard something about the chipset not being able to accept quad cores

my first core2 motherboard could not take a quad. Im pretty confident your pentium D motherboard won't take a quad. To confirm you need to get the motherboards model number. it will be printed on the motherboard somewhere

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 hour ago, Crafterkid said:

im too young 

Everyone should own a vive.

42 minutes ago, Crafterkid said:

Hey, so I am visiting my cousin during Christmas and i wanted to bring my desktop so we could play some games, but i have a full size desktop and it wont fit if im flying, so I have a dell optiplex 745 sff, the small kind with a laptop cd drive, and i was wondering if i am able to put a q9550 in it instead of the 3.2 ghz pentium d it has now.

Negative. The 745 operates on a lower FSB frequency than the Q9550 (1066MHz vs 1366MHz), meaning that even though both CPU and board are LGA 775, they're not compatible. The Q6600 is compatible with the 745 and is, I believe, the most powerful CPU that the 745 can handle. The Optiplex 755 can take a Q9550.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:28 PM, MANIDY inc said:

im too young 

Dude I'm 12

1 minute ago, Crafterkid said:

Dude I'm 12

I'm 3

Everyone should own a vive.